Is it possible to get into UCSD or UCD as a CS major with a UC GPA of 3.7 WEIGHTED?

what was the lowest GPA for these 2 colleges to get admitted for CS?

The average UC GPA for each UC campus not major specific are listed below. CS would require above average stats for a solid chance of admittance. A 3.7 UC GPA will probably get you into UC Merced, Riverside and possibly Santa Cruz.

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

GPA is only one factor in the UC admission process although probably one of the most important. Your test scores, HS course rigor and personal insight essays will all contribute to your chances.

If you are a California resident, I would target some of the Cal States also such as Long Beach, Fullerton, Cal Poly Pomona, Chico, Sac State if you want to pursue a CS degree.

There is no low GPA threshold for any UC other than a 3.0 capped weighted to apply.

possible, yes.

probable, no.
hopefully you applied elsewhere as well.

I can give you a personal perspective since my younger son applied 5 years ago as a CS major with a 3.73 UC capped weighted GPA and an ACT of 31 (35 Math). He applied to a few UC’s such as UC Riverside, Davis, UCLA and Santa Barbara but concentrated mainly on the Cal States.

Accepted: UC Riverside, Cal Poly Pomona, San Jose State (SE), CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, SDSU
Denied: UCD, UCSB, UCLA and Cal Poly SLO.

CS continues to become more competitive each year so you can get an excellent CS education at the Cal states. He ended up at SDSU and is now working in the San Diego area as a Cybersecurity analyst.

Best of luck.

I would say 3.6 UC weighted capped GPA is probably the realistic bottom border for UCD, 3.7 or so for UCSD. But the bottom border people probably have also really high test scores, 95th+ percentile, along other extraordinary qualities with leadership, ECs or other circumstances.