Is it possible to transfer UC to UC?

<p>Is it possible to transfer, from say, UCSD to UCLA or something in your 2nd year?
Is it really hard or will a ~3.7 be okay?</p>

<p>Any input appreciated, thanks.</p>

<p>Transferring from a community college to a UC is the easiest route (California Master Plan for Higher Education <a href="http://www.ucop.edu/acadinit/mastplan/mpsummary.htm)%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ucop.edu/acadinit/mastplan/mpsummary.htm)&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p>

<p>Otherwise, I don't know the answer to your specific questions.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>jmo, to transfer from ucd to cal/ucla/ucsd/ucsb is hard, and very few can make it every year, however to transfer the opposite way is easy, but very few students in cal/la/sd/sb like to do it...</p>

<p>stay in ucd as long as you're happy and enjoying there...</p>

<p>Transfering as a sophomore, no. This is very unusual and is usually not an option. </p>

<p>Transfering as a Junior, sure. 2 years is not that much time. Just stick it out.</p>

<p>Like Cali said, you can't transfer as a sophmore; you need approx 60 semester/90 quarter units to transfer.</p>

<p>Other than that, it's a definite possibility you will get to UCLA w/ a 3.7 GPA. It's not very difficult if you've focused on completing your GEs and prereqs. I was accepted as a Junior Transfer from UCLA to UCB for fall of '06, I had a3.69 GPA and 108 quarter units.</p>

<p>Ah, okay, thanks.</p>

<p>Transfer statistics from UC to UCLA:
3.52 average GPA
274 out of 758 accepted (36%)</p>

<p>I'd imagine that the chances for a UCSD to UCLA transfer applicant are higher than the general UC to UCLA statistics indicate.</p>

<p>UCLA</a> Undergrad Admissions: Profile of Admitted Transfer Students, Fall 2007</p>

<p>It is maybe a little better, but getting a higher GPA at a lower GPA is better then getting a lower GPA at UCSD. You still need a 3.6ish from UCSD for them to accept you, if that is where you want to go, though you should aim for a 4.0 so you aren't on the border.</p>