Is it worth it to dorm?

<p>I live around 45 minutes from campus. I received financial aid for full tuition, but the cost of living in a dorm would fall on me with loans. I have a friend that attends UM as a commuter, and he doesn't really enjoy school because he doesn't live on campus. </p>

<p>So, the question is, is it worth it for me to take out the loans to live on campus? Will I enjoy my college experience more? Opinions please!</p>

<p>You should try starting a facebook poll about it. :P</p>

<p>I’d vote ‘yes’.</p>

<p>But, seriously. So much occurs on campus that you might miss out on a lot of stuff living off campus. That is, a lot of socialization, meeting new people, floor events, etc. Plus it’s just convenient to live on campus.</p>

<p>Also, 45 minutes away is probably around 30 miles. Assuming you get 15 miles to the gallon, and you drive to and from campus 250 days a year, that means you’ll end up spending ~ 30miles/trip<em>2trips/day</em>250days/year<em>1gallon/15miles</em>$4/gallon=$4000/year in gas. And that’s not including maintenance on your vehicle, etc.</p>

<p>So, it will probably just about even out, when it comes down to it.</p>

<p>I also vote for living on campus. The experience will be so different. If you want to go to any campus events, club meetings (which are held at night), study sessions, etc. you would be either staying there all day and night or driving back and forth. Just not worth the cost, wear and tear on your car and on yourself for that matter!</p>