Is this a reasonable course load?

<p>Also, consider having your son take the clep computer test. Information systems and … Can’t remember the name. There is an online practice test. If he is “into” computers, and has been most of his life, he will be able to pass it with little stydying. My son took last year- for a stupid reason (long story), and did fine. I believe Alabama gives credit for that test too. Cheaper than AP, faster notification of results, schedule your test anytime!</p>

<p>Here is what D and I have come up with – using a template from the MIS page, of course subject to change since we are rookies at this:</p>

<p>AA (Honors) – 1
Micro-Eco – 3
Eng 103 (Honors) 3
Math (not sure which one yet, recommendations would be appreciated) 3
Natural Science (not sure which one yet, recommendations would be appreciated) 3
Elective (GBA 145, or something else – May have a mandatory if she makes dance team) 1</p>

<p>14 hours – Using this template she would take her first MIS course first semester sophmore)</p>

<p>Doesn’t MIS have a suggested math class or is Cal I or Business Calc not req’d?</p>

<p>m2ck - D would need either 112/121/125 or no math depending on math placement – (did this research at lunch and called MIS department) – not sure if that is correct, but sounded legit</p>

<p>My guess is since she is curently in AP Calc (whatever 2nd year of AP is) - she will place pretty good (high ACT in math and overall also)(but she did not score high enough on AP exam last year)</p>

<p>We have penciled in both 121 (Business Calc) and possibly 125 – if she doesn’t need a math then we will need something else – not sure if it should be another elective and let her ease in first semester or move something that is recommended 2nd/3rd semester to the left.</p>

<p>I like the idea of the MUS 121 discussed in other thread – just want to have an idea of courses/times/professors with alternates well before BamaBound end of May.</p>

<p>I took a closer look at MUS 121, as I am interested in it for myself first semester, and all but one of the sections start at 8am. I am still going to register for it since it is only once a week and I have similar classes this semester at CC, but an 8am class can be awfully tempting to skip.</p>