Is U-Miami "All You Care to Eat"?

<p>Are residence hall meals with the meal plan "all you can eat" like many other colleges?</p>

<p>Good question, wouldn't mind an answer to that either. By the way, by bolding your title to your post, you're shouting your question, which is against quiet floor policy.........</p>

<p>The meal plans are designed by # of meals per week, 20 or 14 for freshmen. Your Cane Card gets scanned for 1 meal as you enter the dining area and then it's all you can eat until you leave. Each meal plan also comes with dining dollars that can be used at the Food Court and Rat on a regular cost of food basis. My S had the 14 meal plan and said he never ran out of meals. He liked having the higher dining dollar amount that comes with the 14 meal plan so he could change it up and not always feel obligated to go to the dining hall. The food is decent, but as with anywhere, it gets a little monotonous. You can also add additional $ to the Cane account (can be done online) to be used anywhere on campus, Food Court, Starbucks, Bookstore.</p>

<p>my-3-sons: thanks a lot for the great info! i looked everywhere and the UM website says nothing about it.</p>

<p>jdmcool: sorry i got a little rowdy and out-of-hand :-) i guess they're going to kick me out now</p>