Is your school requiring Covid boosters?

Penn announced today that it will require everyone who is eligible to get a booster shot by the end of January. They hosted three on campus booster clinics last week so hopefully most people got it then.

All students, faculty, and staff are required to receive a COVID-19 booster shot by January 31. Anyone who is not yet eligible for the booster by January 31 must receive the shot within 30 days of becoming eligible. Individuals who were previously approved for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement will be contacted if they need to re-apply for an exemption. Students enrolled in an online program are also required to receive the COVID-19 booster.

1 Like

Text from Vanderbilt….not quite requiring boosters just yet.

Text from Vandy:

From Vanderbilt University: Please stay safe over winter break. We encourage you to get your COVID-19 booster if you are eligible. Those who have not uploaded proof of a booster will test routinely in the spring semester.

We will be closely tracking public health data and guidance and will announce an enhanced testing protocol by early January. Upload your booster at vu.edu/submit-vaccine. Best wishes for a happy and restful break!‎

University of California is requiring boosters, system wide, for all students, faculty and staff, by January 31st.

1 Like

Simmons University is requiring boosters by first day of classes (Jan. 18).

1 Like

Please refer to my earlier post (#42) above. Don’t go off topic is pretty self-explanatory for users on this thread, IMO. If another user goes OT, don’t take the bait.

CU Boulder, strongly advise booster but not requiring as of yet. (I wish they were)

UVM requiring booster by Feb. or within 14 days of 6 mos. post 2nd dose.

2 Likes

GW now requiring boosters by January 10th (instead on Feb 1).
Students can still return to campus dorms but the first week will be virtual. They plan to resume live in person classes on 1/18 (but obviously if they get a lot of students retuning who test positive that first week, I imagine they would then extend virtual a bit.)

But to me, this is all okay bc at least they are allowing students to return to campus, and boosters are important part of the school’s decision making.

3 Likes

Auburn has required masks on campus indoors and outdoors first round, then indoors only, then added a vaccine requirement but just pushed that back to after the first of the year, may push it back again. Auburn is not nearly as conservative as the south would like you to believe. Liberals and moderates fair well there. People are generally just nice on the Plains! Auburn, and I assume the state of Alabama, offered the vaccine to all professors and students before I was able to get mine as a 64 year old in Georgia.

Yale is requiring boosters and word is they are pushing back the start of the spring semester by one week and then making spring break one week instead of 2.

UChicago requires boosters by end January and just announced (today) the first two weeks of Winter Quarter instruction will be virtual. The university is requesting students not to return to dorms until Jan 20, at earliest.