IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

From prior posts it seems like 5pm, EST.

ok. but you still havenā€™t been accepted yet then? when did you submit application? sonā€™s was just before 10/31/

They had application 10/29. Havenā€™t heard anything yet :crossed_fingers:t2:

Iā€™ve seen a lot of acceptances to IU early action; my son is from the east coast and hasnā€™t received a response yet - do they do in-state acceptances first?

We are OOS (NY) and my son (along with 2 of his friends) got accepted EA on 11/4 (application submitted mid-October).

1 Like

My S is the same

D accepted ā€¦ OOS/NJ. ACT was submitted. Good luck!

4 Likes

DD accepted! OOS/VA, 3.81 weighted, test optional, lots of extra curriciulars. Applied 10/29. She is SO HAPPY! Go Big Red!!!

5 Likes

Any news on honors?

ok and did he find out through logging on to the portal or did he receive an email

Son got in, applied 10/30. First acceptance which is just a line of text, instead of a letter. Now needs to petition for Kelley.

5 Likes

Where in the portal is the decision?

Is it in the application status tab where it previously said ā€œThank you for submitting your application materials; your application is complete. Please consult our Deadlines page at admissions.indiana.edu/apply/deadlines.html to see when you should receive a response.ā€?

Through email. Upon reading the thread above, it seems IU sends emails at 5 pmā€¦ I asked him to check the times he has been receiving emails from IU and sure enough, all three emails have 5 pm time stamps! Good luck!

When you click on your application. There is a details tab. It is just a line of text there saying you are admitted.

1 Like

What does the portal say in Admissions when youā€™re admitted? Does anything change in the portal or just an email? My son applied with complete app on 10/31 so a bit later than anyone else I see and during the deluge right before the deadline.

Actually it is the same line which changes to congratulations you are admitted to IU Bloomington

4 Likes

ok and one more question - did he receive an email that said thereā€™s an update to your application status or just keep checkingā€¦

DD got in today at 5. OOS

Applied 10/28
Complete 10 days later
SAT 1460
W 3.4

4 Likes

^^ meant 4.3

No email. Just checked based on other people reporting here.