IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Mine is a particularly strange case, my Atlas page says I have submitted everything but my Application Status page says that my transcript and essay have only been "initiated’ and not submitted, I emailed them a while ago about this but haven’t gotten a reply yet. Hopefully, by the end of next week, things might change. Best of luck to you all, Go Hoosiers!!

Son.
Applied 9 OCT
Class Rank <6%
GPA Weighted 4.1 (Out of 4.33 for AP/Hon Scale)(Probably 3.9 UW)
SAT 1450 750M 700RW
OOS (IL)
Program - University Div Pre-Informatics
Plan - Data Science
Email Accepted 25 NOV 5:00pm

Congratulations! You have been admitted to Indiana University Bloomington!

We believe IU is the perfect place for you to continue to achieve great things and pursue your dreams. With this offer of admission, you have the opportunity to not only pursue your primary interest, but even add other programs along the way. To help you gather the info you need to begin your journey, we’ve included a lot of information in this message. Please read carefully.

IU offers an amazing college experience for students from across the country and around the world with the opportunity to mix and match over 200 majors and 550+ academic programs. For most IU students, University Division (UD) will be your first academic home, where you’ll work with advisors and prepare for admission to your selected program(s). Students eligible for direct admission into their academic program or the Hutton Honors College will be contacted directly by the school or college as a separate admission communication. Learn more about University Division and direct admission.

Additionally, we are pleased to share that you are eligible to complete the Selective Scholarship Application (SSA). You will receive an official SSA invitation email from the Office of Scholarships within 5–7 days, with information on completing the application and being considered for these exclusive opportunities. Watch for an email to arrive from this email address: iussa@indiana.edu.

Get ready to experience IU and learn more about your steps to enroll:

Create your IU computing accounts
Get housing information with instructions to complete the online housing application/contract (the housing application is available beginning in February)
Learn about financial aid and costs
Plan for New Student Orientation
Check out the ways to explore campus and programs
To reserve your place in the freshman class, please visit our Intent to Enroll site to submit your $100 enrollment deposit by May 1, 2022. The enrollment deposit is non-refundable. If you have any questions or concerns related to enrollment, please contact the Office of Admissions at admissions@indiana.edu or at 812-855-0661. Please note that if you decide to defer your admission to a future term, you must do so two weeks before Fall 2022 classes begin.

Your official acceptance letter will be sent as soon as possible but we wanted to give you the good news today. Congratulations again! We look forward to seeing you on campus.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

7 Likes

If someone has a 4.33 gpa out of a 6.0weighted scale, are they still direct admit?

My DS got his acceptance the evening of Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

oh really? congrats!! also, could you mention when your son applied? thanks

2 Likes

He applied 10/15. His twin also applied and hasn’t heard back yet.

My daughter applied 10/15, got her acceptance on 11/4, Hutton Honors college acceptance on 11/26 and direct admission to Kelley came in a letter in the mail today 11/27. So different dates and forms of notifications for those that are still waiting.

4 Likes

So it looks like if you don’t have an SSA acknowledgement in the offer letter, you’re not going to be eligible…thanks for this info!

It seems like decisions really only come out on Tuesdays and Thursdays… is this correct? I’m (im)patiently waiting for my decision!

1 Like

Same lol. I’ve also noticed how people reply to this forum on tuesdays, thursday’s and fridays, and they mostly mention their decision came and very few come on wednesdays and the weekend.

1 Like

My son is from Houston, applied EA and was accepted IU-Bloomington on November 11, 2021.

2 Likes

Congrats to your son. My daughter applied Oct 29 and was accepted Tues, Nov 23.

2 Likes

Did u get an email saying there was a change to the portal or did your kid have to look herself

You have to look yourself…portal update came Tuesday around 3pm EST, email came Thursday at 5pm EST

1 Like

We just looked around 5pm EST on Tuesday since everyone has been finding out on a Tuesday. Hope you hear soon!

My daughter filled out her intent to enroll form this weekend! Is anyone else’s child all in on IU?

3 Likes

Congrats! It will be so nice for her to enjoy the rest of her senior year now that she has made a decision. What will be her major? My daughter is still wanting to apply to a few more RD schools. So it’ll be a while before she makes a decision.

1 Like

Any decisions today?

My son got an acceptance today

OOS : NY
University Division
GPA 95% Unweighted, many APs
Test optional
Applied Oct 23, Notified via Portal Nov 30

4 Likes

My son got an acceptance today

OOS: DC
College of Arts and Science (Humanities major)
GPA 4.03W/3.79 UW
APs: 3 complete (all 4/5) and 3 in progress
ACT: 31
Applied 10/27; Notified on portal 11/30

Good luck to those waiting!

3 Likes