IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congrats. What is University Division?

1 Like

University Division is when you arenā€™t choosing a school upon entering (heā€™s deciding between majors in the School of Arts and Sciences, the Media School and the School of International Studies).

1 Like

Has anyone who applied on 10/31 gotten a decision?

10/31 here (OOS) and waiting. It doesnā€™t look like that date or 11/1 has heard. Not sure about 10/30.

3 Likes

When was your application marked ā€œcompleteā€?

oos here too, latest iā€™ve seen so far is like 10/29; most kids in surrounding high schools for my state that have heard applied early oct. hoping iu doesnt drag too long :sweat_smile:

DS received an email saying it was complete on 11/6

His college counselor is really on top of things, so I know he submitted the transcript, etc. immediately

Good luck!

Was accepted but not sure what date because all it says is congratulations(unlike other schools which have a nice letter posted on the portal lol)
3.65 weighted GPA
27 ACT superscored
OOS
Oā€™Neill School Pre SPEA (Management Major)
Will be petitioning for direct admission soon

1 Like

Iā€™m also 10/31 but I have read about some people who applied on 10/30 and they got their decision. I guess when one of the 10/31 people gets their decision then we should hopefully hear from them soon.

My DD applied EA on 10/28 and has not heard yet. Application complete when she signed into the portal.

Today she got an email saying Direct Admin to Kelley

5 Likes

Congrats! Did your child get direct admit to kelley automatically (had requisite GPA and act/sat ) or via petition? If petition what were his stats?

Has Kelley sent out any decisions yet to students who filed petitions?

Yes! My daughter did not send test scores. She has a 3.9 unweighted GPA. Lots of extras and started her own business.

Good luck to you!!!

She applied for Kelley and initial acceptance didnā€™t mention about Kelley but got an email today from Bschool

2 Likes

Congrats! Looks like itā€™s taking about 3 weeks or so to hear about direct admit. We still have about 2 weeks to go. Thank you for the heads up!

Congrats! When did she hear?

People who have already petitioned for Kelley, did you put a lot of effort into the essay or you think petition is mostly about the overall application. (gpa ,rigor, ec and so on ā€¦)

My DS just got the email for direct admit to Kelley today! He petitioned as he did not send in test scores. Hereā€™s the info if itā€™s helpful to anyone:

OOS/3.73 UW GPA (numerous AP, honors classes & extracurriculars)
Applied in early October but transcripts not sent until later by school

10/26 - Email saying application was complete
11/9 - Accepted to IU via portal
11/11 - Email with IU acceptance

Kelley:
10/11 - Petition submitted
12/1 - Email with direct Kelley admission received

So - 3 weeks+1 day after IU acceptance as they already had his Kelley petition.

I think his essay was great and he did work hard on it. Discussed a promotion at work, what he learned from it, etc. Weā€™re thrilled - getting to Kelley was pivotal to his IU decision and itā€™s his #1!

Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

How does direct admit work if your school does not have GPAs, but your SAT score qualifies for direct admit?