IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

In previous years HHC was a direct admission program based on GPA and test score, but this year they’ve opted for a holistic approach. Based on your initial application materials they judge if you’re into HHC, and then if you get the SSA and complete it they determine HHC scholarship eligibility. Last year I think around 1/4 of people eligible for the scholarships got them

1 Like

Hi, How did you find out your scholarship? Was it email, mailed letter or portal? Thanks!

Son received his by e-mail

1 Like

My daughter received a deans list scholarship via mail.

Email

My son just checked portal and was admitted today. Now we wait for Kelley.

3 Likes

Us too! Congratulations

2 Likes

Congrats!!! Could you let use knwo when you applied?

He applied on 10/31

thanks!

1 Like

DS accepted yesterday. He applied on 11/1, but application took a while to be acknowledged as complete on their end.

1 Like

10/29 but IU did not record transcript as received until 11/16

1 Like

Do you guys think I should call the admissions office and ask them about my application status? I’m not sure what to do at this point because I’ve talked to soo many people who applied on the same day as me and have already got their decision. I know I should wait till January 15th but I can’t help but think that I may have made a mistake and I should check with the office. Along with that, I don’t want to call them just to ask about my status because I feel like that would reflect me poorly. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do because I am literally losing my mind. Also, if anyone thinks that I am being obnoxious please let me know.

In my experience so far, my son applied to 4 universities on the same day(10/30). we heard quite quickly from two (IU, Michigan State) but in the other two(penn state,rutgers) a lot of people who applied later are hearing first. I would not worry and think something is wrong, especially if you have heard from other universities.

I haven’t heard from any. My earliest could’ve been IU. But thank you

My son was admitted as well. and I guess we are waiting for Kelley. I don’t quite get this process. If he was admitted in the pre-business program, he can still get in Kelley? Or he might not? Not sure he will go if he is not a direct admit to Kelley. but I think I read somewhere everyone gets in first to pre-business and then Kelley comes later but is it a sure thing for Kelley? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

If he had the minimum stats for Kelley, he will automatically be notified that he is a direct admit. If he did not have those stats, he needed to separately petition for direct admit to Kelley. He would need to write an essay snd wait several weeks for it to be reviewed before he knows if he is a direct admit.

Thank you! So he has a 3.9 GPA and 1390 SAT which meets minimum stats but we did also submit his ACT of 29 which doesn’t. Hope the ACT score would not throw him out when he met it thru GPA and SAT?

You can certainly call the admissions office to ask them to confirm that the application is complete and that they are not in need of any additional or supporting materials. As long as that is the nature of your call, I don’t think it would reflect poorly on you. Good luck!