IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

thank you, i’ll definitely do that

My son was admitted to IU on 12/21 and now waiting on Kelley direct admit. He applied 10/31.

2 Likes

did anyone hear from IU today? I feel like the closer we are getting to the Jan. 15 deadline, the less people are hearing back from IU.

sorry for the last post. I just heard back from IU and I GOT IN. LITERALLY COULDN"T BE ANY HAPPIER. Thank you all for the help. Without you guys, I would have pulled my hair out with stress and overthinking lol

17 Likes

Congrats! You heard today by email?

No, I checked the application portal today. Decisions basically only come out on tuesdays.

1 Like

I’m curious if anyone has received a decision from Kelley yet? My son received his IU acceptance a few weeks ago. Since he met the criteria for direct admission into Kelley (and he did not need to petition) are his chances of being accepted there very good? Thanks:)

Yes my daughter was a direct admit and received notification from Kelley about four weeks after her acceptance to IU.

I was accepted into Kelley on December 18, 2019. I believe your son will get his acceptance this week or by mid-January at the latest. He has almost a 95% chance of being accepted if he met the GPA and testing reqs.

Finally received our merit offer today: $9,000 per year. While we’re grateful for the offer, based on some research we had done we were hoping to be in the $15,000 range. Stats are 1410 SAT, 4.0 weighted, 7 APs, 5 years varsity sports, NHS. OOS. Just don’t think the offer will be enough. Anybody else feeling the same way?

I may be wrong but I think the max out of state is $11,000 for the Dean’s scholarship. Other scholarships may be available to increase the amount.

11k / yr is the max for the OOS Dean’s Scholarship. My D got $10k/yr with 1530 SAT, 4.0 UW, 7APs, lots of leadership roles, and internship and job. But yes, it’s still slightly more than our in state flagship.

My D received $10,000 with SAT 1530, National Merit Semifinalist, GPA 4.5, 10 AP’s + college courses, 2 var sports, leadership in multiple academic & service clubs, etc. So it sounds like your range is accurate. Make sure to fill out the SSA and hopefully there will be some extra merit to help your bottom line.

I already got the OOS Dean’s scholarship. I was invited and applied to the SSA. Applied on Nov 17.

I just checked the IU Scholarship portal and it shows that I was accepted to the Hudson & Holland Scholars Program and it shows another $6,000.

7 Likes

Congrats!

Has anyone heard about anything scholarships from Kelley? I called them a few weeks back and they said that because I was a direct admit I have a chance of getting a scholarship from Kelley as well.

Has anyone who applied before 11/1 not heard back yet? Website says deadline to hear is 1/15 but it seems like everyone on here has already heard who applied by 11/1. Also applied to Kelly on 12/15 but I realize that is a separate acceptance.

1 Like

Those usually just pop up in your financial aid portal if you get them. If you’re diverse then you have a chance to be invited to apply for the KODI scholarships which they’ll email you about

1 Like

Filling out my SSA analytical essay right now…it says it should be “Approximately 600 words, not including works cited page.” I was doing in text parenthetical citations and then including my work cited page. Are we supposed to do MLA? Mine is probably going to be around 700 with all those citations, maybe more. My essay is 609 words and I cannot cut it down anymore. 609 is approximately 600 though. I was going to upload as a pdf too so they can’t see the word count.

Thank you so much!