IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

When y’all got your SSA invite, what scholarships/programs did it say you’d be evaluated for?

Mine says:

• Cox Research Scholars
  • Hutton Honors College
  • Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering

Does this mean I got HHC and direct admit to Luddy? Also, did anyone else get this invite to apply for Cox?

You have to be accepted Direct admit to be sent this email, so I would be inclined to believe that you have!

And whats the advantage of direct admit! So confusing to me. I can understand you go to college with open ended. But if University is giving admission is BS Data Science, how Div will impact his courses/course selection or final degree.

Applied on 11/01

For direct admit you are able to jump right into the education that directly benefits one’s major on the contrary to having to take pre reqs in the university division

Have your D received an email from Hutton Honors yet?

DS got admitted today. Comp Sci.

Applied 10/31. - EA.

Portal displayed Admitted status today.
No email.
OOS.

No mention of any scholarships.

3 Likes

Same as yours except Cox.

Yes, D received email from Hutton Honors College 11/19 (was accepted 10/28). She received the SSA email on 11/2 which mentioned HHC Scholarship application.

Thank you for the timeline. I guess we’ll have to wait a little longer. Received SSA on 11/28.

It has been roughly a week (or so? might’ve been 2 weeks? honestly time is fake) since I was admitted to IU. Just checked my portal today (12/16) and found that I received direct admit to Luddy officially! :smiley:

5 Likes

Does anyone know if IU will release decisions over winter break?

Applied 9 OCT
Class Rank <6%
GPA Weighted 4.1 (Out of 4.33 for AP/Hon Scale)(Probably 3.9 UW)
SAT 1450 750M 700RW
OOS (IL)
Program - University Div Pre-Informatics
Plan - Data Science
Email Accepted 25 NOV 5:00pm
Email Accepted Direct to Luddy 8 Dec
Email Accepted HHC 17 Dec

Hutton Honors College Email:
Dear XXXXX,

Congratulations! It is my great pleasure to inform you that you are a Direct Admit to the Hutton Honors College at Indiana University Bloomington. The Hutton Honors College (HHC) accepts only the top students at IU and includes students from every major across campus. As a member of the HHC you may apply for an HHC Scholarship, enroll in honors courses, live in an honors residential community, and participate in HHC extracurricular programming.

If you have not already, you should receive an email from the IU Office of Scholarships, which includes information about the Selective Scholarship Application, as well as directions for accessing the application in the online portal, One.IU.edu. If you do not receive this email in the next few days, please write to iussa@indiana.edu for assistance. Students who submit their complete SSA (including letters of recommendation) the earliest will receive priority scholarship review from the Hutton Honors College. HHC Scholarship decisions will be announced by April 1. If you do not wish to apply for our scholarship, your invitation to be a member of the Hutton Honors College still stands.

To learn more about the HHC, please visit our website.

We also encourage you to visit IU Bloomington. We have a gorgeous campus, world-class faculty, and a spectacular college culture. Also, be sure to check out our Ambassador Program. It’s a great way to experience IU!

You do not need to confirm you will be joining us until you say “YES” to IU and register for New Student Orientation in the spring. If you have any questions, please contact us at (812) 855-3555.

Again, congratulations on this superb achievement!

Best wishes,

8 Likes

Just received the HHC email.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard from IU today?

OOS Accepted w/ direct admission to Kelley and 10,000 scholarship a year! (40k from deans scholarship)

3 Likes

It takes a while to receive notice of scholarships, mine took me almost a month after getting accepted.

Would u mind sharing grades/test scores?

SAT: 1540 (790 English 750 Math), 6 AP Exams with scores of 5 (Lang, World) 4 (Macro, APES, APUSH) 3 (AP Physics)

All A’s throughout high school

My friend also got deans scholarship, around 5k. She had a score of 1400…so it varies.

1 Like

$9K/yr Deans Scholarship [This has nothing to do with SSA… which he has not done yet]

Class Rank <6%
GPA Weighted 4.1 (Out of 4.33 for AP/Hon Scale)(Probably 3.9 UW)
SAT 1450 750M 700RW
OOS (IL)
Luddy/Data Science