IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Student was admitted to IU about six weeks ago, but hasn’t heard whether he’s admitted to Kelley yet. Does anyone know how long until you hear about Kelley? Is it through the portal or by email?

1 Like

We checked the portal about 3 weeks after being admitted to IU (Direct admit). You do receive an email and eventually a letter in the mail (like 6 weeks after).

I did mine last year MLA w/ parentheticals, those should only had a few more words

No email yet…and appplication status still shows as “Admitted”, Program: “University Div Pre-Business”, Plan: “Finance BSB”. Not sure if this means he’s into Kelley? Any advice?

If he’s admitted into Kelley, it should say ‘Program: Business Undergraduate’. I believe the ‘University Div Pre-Business’ is a placeholder until he’s admitted to Kelley.

Hope he’ll hear good news soon!

Did you do a work cited page as well? My parentheticals are a bit longer because I used 5 different sources and they have long article titles. I edited it and had my AP Lang teacher help comment on what could be fixed…have 676 words including all parentheticals. I think I’m going to leave it and submit as a pdf so it’s harder to see the word count. “Approximately 600” can be subjective imo.

Yes I did a works cited page. If I recall correctly, I used an article’s name only in the absence of an authors name for my parentheticals.

They probably don’t care that much about word count or they would have been stricter, I would just try to shoot for + or - 10% of 600

That makes sense! See, some of mine are sources from law school websites, so there isn’t an author, which means I cannot do the last name for the citation. It’s 647 words without the in text citations, so I think I’m just going to hope it’s alright! I wish it was a higher word limit as 600 seems restrictive…might just be the topic I chose though!

Received Direct Admit confirmation for my son from Kelley today. Application on 11/01, IU admit on 12/14, Kelley admit on 01/06

2 Likes

Did he get an email?

Yes, we got the mail today morning.

Thank you! Congratulations!

1 Like

Officially into Kelley. Applied on 10/31. No email but updated portal.

3 Likes

Fwiw, our OOS daughter applied test optional to Neuroscience and was awarded 9K Deans. We had no idea how things would go applying test optional, she did score a 13XX (can’t quite remember) but she was disappointed with the score and thought it could only hurt so she didn’t submit.

GPA: 4.1 weighted around 94% class rank
APs/Dual enrollment classes: a few of each but nothing crazy
Very strong essays (IMO)
Soccer/tennis/stem club/job
NHS President (proud parent sidebar: this was a complete surprise to us when she was elected by her classmates - didn’t even know she was running - but we attended a recent honors assembly that she had to speak at and I was floored! girl power!)

3 Likes

Congrats on the $$ and NHS President is really cool.

Received ACE program invite today via email.

1 Like

is it possible to hear back before the 4-6 week range form kelley if you are direct admit?

Yes it is possible! My son was admitted to IU around 12/10 and Kelley 1/5…good luck the wait is torture://

1 Like

Hi - SSA asks for activities resume. is that different from a regular resume? or the same as regular resume or regular resume - academics (EC list)

I had a little section at the top with my academics (very brief, mentioned my highschool and some ap/dual credit courses along with sat/act), and then “Leadership and Activities,” “Work Experience,” and “Awards and Acknowledgements.” I just elaborated more than I did before with the previous descriptions.

1 Like