IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Scholarships now appearing on the Financial tab

I see the offered value is higher than the accepted amount there. confused if my son did not accept some of the merit money!

ignore the comment. looks like some of it is a loan.

Just got my finaid! Itā€™s less than I was hoping for. Iā€™m being asked to pay about $8k with $3k in loansā€¦

Any inputs on how IU decides on how much scholarship amount? We are OOS and did get some scholarship but it was not significant. Lot of universities have GPA ranges and scholarship amounts published on their websites. I couldnā€™t find similar information on IU website.

Has anyone heard back from general application or SSA scholarships yet?

I believe a lot of those scholarships for SSA do not send out interview invites/finalist notifications until Mid-February (again, SSA is not due yet). I think it depends on the scholarship though, and if it involves an interview process or not.

The one I was looking at sends out invites early - mid February and I know that because I know someone who is at IU with that scholarship so I have inside info.

Did applicants need to indicate an interest in the honors college, or were all EA applicants automatically considered? Should I assume no email means no acceptance?

I was accepted into Hutton and there was no additional essay. It came like 2 weeks or something like that after I was accepted? Honestly do not remember. But it was not immediate.

What are SSA Scholarships?

What are SSA Scholarships?

Hi - what residential house/dorm on the campus is considered best for Kelley? Thanks

Have you considered the Kelley Living Learning Center: Living Learning Center | Bachelor's Degree in Business | Indiana Kelley

My DS is a sophomore at Kelley and didnā€™t want to be in the LLC since he wanted to meet people from all different majors. That being said he lived in a double as a single in McNutt due to COVID and that is where the LLC has been moved to. Great location to the business school and they were decent rooms with shared but private bathrooms.

1 Like

Their housing website sucks. Is anyone elseā€™s crashing all the time? Not impressed

I heard back from the general application scholarships in December, and am waiting to hear back from SSA

1 Like

When do you think we should hear back from SSA?

On the website, it says sometime between February and March, but I am hoping to find out soon!

They are starting the interview process for some scholarships as I just got an email stating I was a finalist for a full-ride scholarship. Submitted SSA around January 15th.

3 Likes

What college and what scholarship are you considered for? Just wondering.