Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!

<p>@lopsided</p>

<p>this package just provides you with some info about life in Bremen.
(really nice eh. XD)
the enrollement form and acceptance form should definitely be in another package.
=D</p>

<p>@ifeelgood</p>

<p>Transdisciplinary Approach, well, this notion is mega vague to define…but just first look at the web page concerning the different disciplines, and…have you decided which majors you might take?
Generally speaking, there are three main disciplines : business and xxx, humanities, or natural sciences. </p>

<p>eg, if you study integrated social sciences, you will be trained to obtain knowledge in fields of economics, history, or xxxx.</p>

<p>But, even though you choose to study humanities, you are still required to take courses like algebra (omg) or logics statistics…something natural sciences?</p>

<p>Then…When one conducts further researches in the field of psychology or mass communication, he needs skills in logics and statistics, which can help him find certain patterns and divide the data into multiple sub-groups. </p>

<p>This might be a transdisciplinary approach. =D</p>

<p>Just go around the website of JUB and you will discover a lot. Good Luck~</p>

<p>@reconquista: Thank you very much, that helped a lot!! I’m gonna complete my application form tonight soo thanks again:)</p>

<p>@evangelica: I choose to study at JUB because I want to be at an international university, I thought about studying abroad too but since I just turned eighteen I don’t want to move too far away to lets say p.e. the US.
I would like to work abroad in my further life so I think that going to JUB will help me do that.
Plus, more than 30 percent of the students come from Germany, so I won’t be the only one.</p>

<p>@Reconquista that’s not the acceptance packet,I got the same thing as well,(a post card written by a Jacobs student from my country+ a map).I also got a DVD of Jacobs.I’m sure your acceptance is still in the mail system.</p>

<p>kheiron1729, No I havent. What about you?</p>

<p>Nope. Not a thing.</p>

<p>anybody actually call/email the uni. regarding financial aid packages?</p>

<p>I sent an email. Following is the reply:</p>

<p>Dear *****,</p>

<p>No students from Round II have received their financial aid packages as of yet. All packages are now prepared and we are awaiting approval from the Vice President. You will be informed as soon as possible.</p>

<p>Best regards,
Nancy Trey</p>

<p>I guess Nancy lied to you at this point. A friend of mine received her aid package 2/3 days ago! :p</p>

<p>I am pretty sure that nacy did not lie to you.</p>

<p>well, there are several staffs at financial aid office so each of them is responsible for a specific group of students (grouped according to their family names)
So, students with different initial letters of their family names receive the packages at quite different time. </p>

<p>Hope might help. =D</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>I recieved three packets from Jacobs today, all had different dates.
nothing related to financial aid though.</p>

<p>What packets have you guys received? I’ve only just received–today–a package with a Bremen map, a Bremen sightseeing brochure, a letter from a current student, and a brochure on “what to do next.” But apparently I haven’t received the formal letter of admissions… or is the letter from a current student the only letter of admissions we’ll receive?</p>

<p>^^exactly…its kinda annoying.</p>

<p>=____________= </p>

<p>@Evangelica, I felt exactly the same when I was waiting for 10+ admission decisions.</p>

<p>But just relax… </p>

<p>BTW: my admission decision and fa package was released this monday…and…I had already submitted the deposit to JUB. </p>

<p>LOL.</p>

<p>i doubt you would have to wait for the mail to arrive. they email you all the documents too so you’ll get the email way earlier and you’ll have ample time to decide, hopefully.</p>

<p>so any pakistanis going to jacobs this fall from here?</p>

<p>Evangelica: I know at least 30 people from my school who were accepted. there would probably be over a hundred from all over Pakistan. Looks like Jacobs is the new McGill.</p>

<p>Any Canadian university is easy to get into if you have decent grades, but McGill is huge in Pakistan.</p>

<p>Was anyone even rejected? Or has their rate shot up to like 99%</p>

<p>How the hell is jacobs going to accomodate all those students from pakistan, considering they all decide to enroll.</p>