Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!

<p>Some like McGill provide upto 50% in merit scholarships and then kids pay the res out of their own pocket. Same case with Jacobs.</p>

<p>Am I the only one who hasn’t received his admission decision letter yet?</p>

<p>I was accepted in round II.</p>

<p>@Evangelica, you seem really concerned about the acceptance rate, and while 55% may seem pretty high I try to look at it like this: the acceptance rate at Jacobs is what it is because a very special class of people is applying. For 75% of applicants, Jacobs requires you to move to a different country, study in a different system, and live in a vastly different environment. These are changes most people aren’t willing to make, which greatly lowers the applicant pool. Not only that, but that means that the students who do apply not only have solid scores (as most of the stats here seem to show) but also are adventurous, determined, and resourceful. At least that’s how I like to think about it :p</p>

<p>Also, I emailed one of the BCCB professors about opportunities after college and I was told that graduates of that program had gone to grad school at these colleges: New York University, Harvard University, UCSD, Boston University, University of Utah, Rockefeller University, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, MRC, University College London, Imperial College London, Medical School at Warwick University, Medical School at Charles University in Prague, ETH Zürich, Amsterdam University, John Innes Centre, Madrid University, Universität Heidelberg, EMBL in Heidelberg, Max-Planck International Research Schools in Dresden and Göttingen, DKFZ in Heidelberg, Bernhard-Nocht Institut in Hamburg, and MoLife - Molecular Life Science Graduate Program at Jacobs University</p>

<p>If a student graduates from Jacobs and is able to enroll in Harvard or Oxford for grad school, I have no doubt that the school in question is solid. /Off of soapbox :p</p>

<p>Has anyone applied in round III? I have applied for transfer in round III, and when I called Jacobs today they informed me that scholarships for students applying in round III are limited as compared to round I and II. Also, I have heard Jacobs does not give any need based aid/ grants. Does it only give scholarships and loans?</p>

<p>(BTW I asked them about their acceptance rate as well but the person said that it was confidential so I am not sure if 55% is right even now)</p>

<p>as of yet, no financial aid notification received. anybody else received anything?</p>

<p>not yet :(… i got a bad feeling.</p>

<p>^ ditto
10char</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>A friend of mine got his packet about 2 weeks ago.</p>

<p>@seriousrem: You don’t need to worry, they haven’t even sent the fin aid messages, yet. I talked to the fin aid officers some days ago and they said they had to wait for a signature before sending out the packages.</p>

<p>^^oh,thanks for the info…hope i get it pretty soon :D</p>

<p>i hope tomorrow (monday) they finally give us our financial aid packages. whoever gets it, post as soon as possible, so we can gauge our own arrivals.</p>

<p>i got the enrollment form…but nothing about finaid!</p>

<p>btw, has anyone replied to the skype/phonecall request email from Jacobs?</p>

<p>hi everybody!</p>

<p>@seriousrem I did, and I had a phone appointment last friday. They said that they will send the financial aid decisions next week (so this week). Other than that nothing really useful. I found out they have a knitting club though :|</p>

<p>@evangelica</p>

<p>no. the skype call is never mandatory. I did not made such an appointment and have already enrolled…</p>

<p>Hey guys,
i was wondering about foundation year at jacobs. I read somewhere that there are just 12 people! and they do not guarantee the acceptence the next year. So…maybe somebody knows what percent of those who completes the foundation year get accepted for the undegraduate program?
cuz i accept that my chances to be enrolled this year are not high.</p>

<p>I got mine today.</p>

<p>For some reason, I wouldn’t disclose what it was. But its a very generous package.</p>

<p>i also got my financial aid package today :smiley:
and yeah, i’m also from Pakistan :)</p>

<p>any idea what time the emails arrived? i might get it tomorrow (i hope).</p>