Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!

<p>I think I sent the application in a folder.</p>

<p>So, how many of you guys will be attending Jacobs this fall? And did you guys join the facebook group?</p>

<p>So guys,who is going to JUB?I was looking at their programs and website again and think I now want to go to Jacobs(not US).So who is joining me?</p>

<p>^count me in… Already sent the deposit.</p>

<p>@lopsided: which school in kathmandu are you from?</p>

<p>please, can anybody help me with essay"something that you find interesting?" for Jacobs bremen i have no idea what about to write?
will appreciate
thanks
and is SAT should be around 1800 what about if it is lower?</p>

<p>How does Jacobs’ loan work? Does the interest start accruing from the moment we enroll or after we graduate? Also, is it a monthly/annual loan?</p>

<p>^I mean, do they charge the interest monthly or annually?</p>

<p>Interest does accrue even while a student is enrolled.</p>

<p>Has anyone else applied under round 3, if yes, what do you think your chances are? I spoke with the admissions director and she said the acceptance rate for students applying in the 3rd round is 40% (less than the acceptance rates for the first two rounds). She also said whether or not a student needs to get a visa plays a part in the decision, any thoughts on that? I am a little nervous as my SAT score is not high. Also, are there any transfer students out there?</p>

<p>Can someone please chance me? I asked this earlier as well but this time keep in mind the acceptance rate:</p>

<p>My SAT score is 1810 (CR- 640, Math-560, W- 610).</p>

<p>I am a transfer student, and my GPA was 3.2-3.6/4.0 (depending on how it is evaluated) in the first year. TOEFL score is 110.</p>

<p>^I think you have a good chance. I do not know about acceptance rate, but a significant number of students are choosing american colleges/unis over JUB, including myself. I think that’l boost your chance a lil.</p>

<p>^ Thank you. May I ask why are you choosing American colleges over JUB, and which American colleges are those? I might have to decide between an US school and JUB as well.</p>

<p>i too have applied in the third round.and what do you mean by the visa part?</p>

<p>I had made up my mind to go to JUB but the financial aid people have been totally impossible to deal with and I just gave up and decided on US. It’s a great and unique university!</p>

<p>@wrestlina2, it means that there is little time to get a visa after the decisions are made in late June/ early July.</p>

<p>RIP “Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!”</p>

<p>Hey there !
My name is Yasser (Morocco), I applyed to JUB Round III. They recieved my supporting documents. But i took SAT and TOEFL late this May. And my scores will be out thsi week (probably 8-10 juin)
Im not expecting muc for SAT or TOEFL but i hope my scores will be good :=)
My grades at high school are very high. Also my recomenders (Math teacher and My school director) wrote some realy cool stuff about me. also i am majoring in Phisics Sciences @high school . And willing to study Computer Science @JUB =) Also My Essay is great.(realy good essay xD)</p>

<p>My states :
. Extracurricular, personal and volunteer activities :</p>

<pre><code>Participating in the annual school event to clean our city beach.(in cooperation with other schools)
Volunteering at a local centre to help children’s with disabilities.
I do 3hrs of volunteer tutoring each week in Phisics to some 9th grade students at school.
Side midfielder with my school soccer team.
Staff member and manager at my School Information & Technology Facility/Club/Bureau.
I do researchs and I read books related to Technology and Computers.
</code></pre>

<p>I develope basic smart phone applications (android based phones) and i offer my apps for free online
I am an aviation enthusiast and i take monthly flying lessons at a local aviation club in my city. </p>

<p>. Work / Internship experience :</p>

<pre><code> Weekends part time job at a local bookstore.
</code></pre>

<p>. Activities during school break :</p>

<pre><code>CrossCountry Roadtrip (Morocco) With my father.
</code></pre>

<p>.Grades @Highschool : </p>

<pre><code> First year : 11/18
Second year : 15/18
Senior year : 16/18
</code></pre>

<p>.Spoken languages : Arabic . Moroccan Arabic . French . German . English .</p>

<p>=> Tell me what you think ! What are my chances ! Lets say 650SAT and 80 TOEFL ! Just guessing :slight_smile:
Cheers to you all ! and Good luck. </p>

<p>PS: If i’ll get accepted. I’ll be the 2nd Moroccan @JUB (: since 2001.</p>

<p>@fireworks4ever, what you mean by RIP “Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!” </p>

<p>In my country i can get a visa to germany in about 2 weeks. Also, i just heared from an indian friend that chances of getting to JUB as Round III applicant are like : 20 of 100 students will be addmited :confused: Im not sure but, he also told me somthing about the Essay. This thing must be super duper professional. + the recommandations.</p>

<p>hi there!
Did any of you (Round III)receive admission letter from JUB yet?? Can you let me know?
Cause the end of june and beginning of june is not too concrete</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>my name is Jannik and I also applied for round 3. I’m from Germany (Oldenburg to be exact, which is about 60 kilometers from Bremen).
I got my high school diploma (Abitur) this year with a 1.0 (on the German scale).
TOEFL score is 114 and SAT something around 1850 (actually I did quite well in the reading part, the math was shockingly easy but German math courses are heading in a totally different direction, so Germans can get problems with the math stuff in the SAT - just like me).
I did to semesters of university study in physics alongside school in 2009/10 called “Frühstudium” (Early studies is somewhat of a translation). Module marks were 1.0 and 1.7.
The essay is about my experience during the Beijing Summer Olympics of 2008 (quite special for a German 15-year old to get there). </p>

<p>I’m so eager to get into JUB but I doubt that I have a chance against all of you brilliant internationals who apply ;).
The University told me that they got all of my stuff, so now it’s gonna be waiting…</p>

<p>Wishing you all the best,</p>

<p>Greetings from Germany</p>

<p>I too have applied in round 3.
SAT 1 (700M, 660W, 530CR)
SAT 2: Maths level 2 760, Physics 740, Chemistry 760.</p>