Jacobs University Bremen Decisions!

<p>THX!I just hope the loan will lower than 2500!then i could pay myself later. 9k is the max number my parents could support my education. are you student here or class 15?</p>

<p>a student.</p>

<p>hey guys, I wasn’t planning on applying to Jacobs, but circumstances have forced me to. I know it’s a very good school and I was wondering what my chances are of getting in? I unfortunately applied for Round III as I wasn’t planning on applying earlier. My stats are 2200 in the SAT I.
790 Writing
710 CR
700 Math</p>

<p>I can speak French. I have many co-curricular activities and I’m a two time national spelling bee winner. Any ideas what my chances are? And I know scholarships are limited for Round III, but still, is there any chance of getting a 10000-15000 Euro scholarship or financial aid?</p>

<p>@Zuhair: Well I have a SAT score of 2140 (740 math, 720 WS, 680 CR), 5 A* and 4 A in GCE O levels and 4 A in GCE AS level. I do have a bunch of ECs but nothing exceptional really, and I’m being awarded a 10k Euro scholarship, so yeah I’d say your chances are pretty good too.</p>

<p>hello everyone .wanted to know if any1 who applied in z 2nd rnd got his/her financial aid package or scholarship decision?holla</p>

<p>Hey Ali, thanks for the info. And the scholarship is excluding the financial aid right? As in, fin aid is separate, right?</p>

<p>Yes finanicial aid packages are separate from scholarships!</p>

<p>@ DAVIDO: I haven’t recieved my fin aid package yet. However I think the scholarship decisions should be out by now (recieved my e-mail March 29th).</p>

<p>Do you guys recieved our admission packages?</p>

<p>I applied in Round II and I’ve received both an admission offer and a scholarship. Financial aid package is still awaited though.</p>

<p>Got my admission package yesterday :)</p>

<p>I still haven’t gotten my admission package yet or any enrollment forms. I just got their admission offer and scholarship details. Anyone else got their admission package yet?</p>

<p>^ same
10 char</p>

<p>what is the party scene? sex? girls?</p>

<p>What are the students like at Jacobs? Where are they from, etc.?
I am curious because I am definitely considering going there and the website doesn’t offer much info on diversity and such. Anyone have any idea?</p>

<p>^kidding? Jacobs doesnt say much about diversity?!!</p>

<p>@doctoribach, the kind of people that ask this question usually dont get laid.</p>

<p>we are not talking about ur private life ( 361 days without sex)</p>

<p>answer the question or shut the **** up,dear :)</p>

<p>^i seem to have touched a nerve.</p>

<p>I’m an undergraduate hoping to do my masters from JUB. Does GRE help? I have a GPA of around 3. Do I stand a chance? Is financial assistance generous?</p>

<p>What do u suggest choosing Math as major or economics om jacobs?</p>

<p>after international student graduates Jacobs , can he/she stay in Germany and work?</p>

<p>Hi people, current student here (and not employed by the Admissions Office, haha) if you want to ask questions! I’m an International Politics and History major from the Class of 2014. </p>

<p>@doctoribach GEM is the closest thing to econ that you will find at Jacobs. I was a GEM major last semester, and though I enjoyed most of my classes, it was still a business-centered major, in my humble opinion. If that’s not what you’re looking for, I’d suggest you look somewhere else. I can’t comment on the Math major, but, AFAIK, it’s quite demanding.
With regards to staying in Germany after grad., you can do it for a 12-18 months. You get a “job search” visa. Depending on what you majored in, job search might be very easy or very hard. Engineering majors seem to little trouble finding jobs, even with little German. Humanities majors might need to learn German, at least to B2 or C1, to find a job.</p>