Jefferson Scholars 2023

Son made it to second round of interviews. I want to know if there is anything else he should be doing to prep. He wants to know if this is a good sign regarding admission - I’ve been around long enough that I think I remember finalists or actual winners who were not admitted.

Good luck to all.

1 Like

Congratulations to him! I don’t believe he would be at this level if they weren’t going to admit him.

1 Like

Congrats, OP. The UVA forum on red-dit (adding the dash because using the name might be blocked here) is a more active place to get info from current students.

The Jefferson Scholars Foundation is not part of UVA and I think they make that clear on their website. Advancing is not a sign of where the Office of Admission is with the student’s file. They don’t have access to UVA’s computer system. They only let us know who gets to the final round.

2 Likes

Thank you. Add our family to the long list of fans of your blog.

I just got an email for the second round, interviews, as a regional semifinalist from international schools region lmao. I’ll be having this interview on Zoom, and I have no idea whatsoever on what to expect. Does anyone know what to do?

(yes, I saw posts on red-dit and college confidential but they all seem 8-10 years old, not sure of the relevance now)

Congrats to your son for moving on! Do you remember what questions were asked in the first round of interviews? Thanks!

Questions were specific to his resume and essays with a focus on leadership.

3 Likes

I just had my interview and it didn’t go so well :frowning:, but do you remember about how long after they reached out to your son?

1 Like

It’s all different based on your region. Each time they told him they would let know by the end of the week.

1 Like

Hey there, I was just wondering did your son move on from the second round?

No he didn’t make the finals. All the interviews did make him fall for UVA, hoping for good news from admissions soon.

1 Like

Same here. Best of luck in the coming days!

Just updating, son was accepted EA OOS

3 Likes