Johns Hopkins University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Johns Hopkins University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

any ed hopkins? i applied ed for mol/cel bio from texas

i m an asian male with a 3.91 uw with a downward academic trend(~5 B’s out of 50+ grades + a b in senior year because of chem-> poor class rank in terms of hopkins(border top decile)) 1540/35 test scores, and decently solid ecs i hope.
tons of research(internship at hopkins biochem lab, projects about refugees, international socioeconomics, brain efficiency, and more) but no big publications or anything because i started too late, i do have 1 in review and a couple papers planned to be sent in for pubs. i also advocate for a t5 university initiative, am conducting independent research and advocacy efforts on eating disorders, have school leadership positions, am a certified nurse assistant, have hundred+ shadowing hrs.
dont expect to get in, the gpa rank seems like itll bite me in the ass. my district had ~5 kids who chose hopkins last year, 3 of which ed. and my school specifically sent 1 student in for mech, who in comparison to me had a higher gpa, although idk their ecs or essays.
i do have a lor from hopkins lab prof that i interned at but idk how much weight that can add

2 Likes

is nobody ed’ing hopkins this year :sob: this thread had 100+ responses lsat year and there are 0 now

1 Like

4.0 UW
13 APs and DEs
35 ACT
athletic recruit
Undecided major

1 Like

wow Hopkins is really quiet lol

4 Likes

Black Male
GPA 4.0(idk our system is weird, but I haven’t gotten any B)
Sat 1460 (Best 720 Eng, 750 Math)
MechE although I’m focusing on aerospace

1 Like

I got in but yeah, pretty quiet

1 Like

Accepted

Big dub
Major?

2 Likes

Also what sport

Congratulations! I used to work there. School is very beautiful but environment is very intense.

Would you elaborate?

Very intense- kids are always studying. Super competitive environment. Even students who do music on the side/ practice rooms are opened past midnight and long lines to use the practice rooms.

My son EDed and got deferred.

2 Likes

Anyone got the email from JHU to do ED 2? Applied RD

1 Like

Yes, is this for everyone or selected students? If the student doesn’t do ED2, will this hurt the RD chance?

Also want to say even though it’s intense, students really like the school. Best on your endeavors!

1 Like

My DD also got an email to do ED 2. Applied RD. 1500+/4.0 UW, 4.6 W/CS. Has anyone applied RD and did not get this email?

My D also got the email; perhaps everyone got it. 1540 SAT/ 4.0 UW 4.7 W etc.

1 Like

I got it too! I was also wondering if it’s targeted towards selected students.