Journalism or Communications?

<p>Hi! I am currently a junior in high school and interested in studying in the US for college. I intend to apply to a couple of colleges like USC (dream sch!!!) UCLA, UCB, Stanford, UIUC, Northwestern etc.
However I am really unsure of my major at the moment. Could someone clarify the differences between a BROADCAST JOURNALISM and COMMUNICATIONS degree?
I really intend to work in the entertainment industry like within the arts scene and I was wondering which would be better? I would also work with media companies and do broadcasting and reporting.
Oh and I hope to do a minor in film/cinematic arts.
Taking SATs at the end of the year and IB at the end of next year. My ECs are good. Fingers crossed especially for USC. My IB score right now is 34 without bonus.</p>

<p>Go with journalism IMO it is more specialized than Communications. Communications is where most athletes go but journalism because of the heavy writing has more serious students. With journalism you can get any job that you could with a communications degree whereas with a communications degree you wouldn’t be specialized enough to get the jobs for Journalism majors. Journ majors can work as public relations amongst many things and they are more trained to take the LSAT if they ever change their minds about wanting to be a journalist. Hopefully you get into your top schools but if you don’t then going to schools close to Atlanta, and NYC would be your best bet for internships into journalism world.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I wasn’t sure because I just wanted to work in the media industry and some PR but I’m not very good at writing</p>