Just Applied and Have Nooooo idea about my chances???

<p>not a top pick of mine. but if i get in I will really consider it.. any idea on chances</p>

<p>Student:</p>

<p>User Name: badassbass016
College Class Year: 2014
High School: Public
High School Type: sends many grads to top schools</p>

<p>Academics:</p>

<p>GPA - Unweighted: 3.20
GPA - Weighted: 3.80
Class Rank: top 50%
Class Size: 700</p>

<p>Scores:</p>

<p>SAT I Math: 700
SAT I Critical Reading: 530
SAT I Writing: 630
ACT: 27
SAT II Math Level 1 (IC): 720
SAT II Math Level 2 (IIC): 650
SAT II Biology - M: 620</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:</p>

<p>Significant Extracurriculars: Band
Unicef
Leadership positions: Band Historian
Band Leadership Team
Volunteer/Service Work: Tutoring for 300 hours
Honors and Awards: National Honor Society
Math Honor Society</p>

<p>Colleges of Interest:</p>

<p>College: New York University, Choice #: 1, ED/EA: Yes, Athlete: No, Legacy: No, Status: Rejected
College: Northeastern University, Choice #: 2, ED/EA: Yes, Athlete: No, Legacy: No, Status: Applied/Pending
College: Boston University, Choice #: 3, ED/EA: Yes, Athlete: No, Legacy: No, Status: Will Apply
College: University of Maryland, College Park, Choice #: 4, ED/EA: No, Athlete: No, Legacy: No, Status: Will Apply
College: Southern Methodist University, Choice #: 10, ED/EA: No, Athlete: No, Legacy: No, Status: Applied/Pending</p>

<p>Desired College Characteristics:</p>

<p>Location type: Urban
Size: Medium (5,000 - 10,000), Large (10,000 - 18,000)</p>

<p>Area: East Coast
Importance of cost: Secondary</p>

<p>Bump!!!</p>

<p>I’m not Miami is the right fit for you. A lot of your top choices are urban schools and you said you want “Urban” and while it is the “University of Miami”, it is located in a very affluent Spanish neighborhood in South Miami called Coral Gables, this is not the glitzy and glamorous Miami that is seen in moves and TV shows. However, you have accessibility to that via metrorail which is located very close to campus. Secondly, I’m not feeling confident that your stats will lead you any bearing into Miami. The majority of student graduated at the top 10-15% of their class with middle 50% SATs being in the 1280-1360 range (lower scores do get in). </p>

<p>I’d personally recommend Boston University for you as I think it is more of a school you’re looking for. Also possibly Tulane, though again it is hard to get in there.</p>