Laptop deals for students

<p>When is the best time to buy good models at discounted prices? Are they any student discounts? Is it possible to purchase a laptop online using said discount? I’m an incoming freshman so does it apply to me? </p>

<p>I can’t speak for the PC side of the aisle, but if this year is anything like last year, at BamaBound you’ll be offered two or three SupeStore bundles for Macs. The ones we were offered last year were (IMHO) a decent package for a fair price, but the discounts were modest at best – remember we’re talking Apple here. </p>

<p>We chose the mid-level macbook pro bundle. A side benefit for buying local is that you establish a relationship with the local IT guys if you have any problems. We had an issue getting our authentication/registration for Office 365, and the SupeStore guys were able to get it straightened out. </p>

<p>My neighbor found local mac store incentives that were better than the bookstore, iTunes gift cards and other freebies, but he’s lucky that way. </p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>The Supe is offering bundles again at a discount to students. Students will also receive a discount at the Apple store by showing a student id or logging on to their student account as proof of student status. It isn’t a set percent, but varies based upon what is purchased. There is an Apple store in Mountainbrook, Huntsville, Atlanta, and Tennessee. The Supe is offering oth AppleCare and also offers a third party warranty. As an authorized center, they will accept AppleCare if warranty work is necessary.</p>

<p>@bill do u have the cpu specs, laptop screen size and price of the bundle? With that I can have a generally idea of the price of these discounts. Thank you. </p>

<p>Have you been to Bama Bound yet? I found the flyer online by going to the supe store. There are two different offers.</p>

<p><a href=“Authorized Apple Campus Store | University of Alabama Supply Store”>http://www.universitysupplystore.com/site_apple_campus_store.asp&lt;/a&gt;?&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Not yet. Those don’t look appealing… Thank you for your help </p>

<p>Those look similar to last year’s, although I thought I remembered a Mac Air bundle for students who prefer light weight over horsepower. As you can see, it’s an OK price, but if you’re an aggressive deal finder, or if you already have all the cables and external memory need, you can probably beat the price by a few dollars. </p>

<p>Also, we’re just a day or two away from hearing what the Apple corporate back-to-school promotion will be. Last year it was a $100 app store card, I think.</p>

<p>We bought the Air at BB and it was the same discount as the Pro. </p>

<p>the app card is $50 this year…aren’t we the lucky ones.</p>

<p>I bought a MacBook Pro w/ education pricing yesterday when the Back to School promo started. I got a $100 apple store card with my purchase along with $200 off the regular price of the MacBook. The $50 card is for iPad and iPhone purchases.</p>

<p>I got the $2,399 model which has a lot better specs than the Capstone offered here. Deciding factor for me was I didn’t need all the extras that the Supe Store package came with, I already have Office.</p>

<p>Also, Apple has multiple great financing options if you order through their online store.</p>