List of Top, Prestigious Awards

TOC & NFL winners or qualifiers? And how does LD debate compare with policy in prestige?

qualifiers… Well, first off, college debate is almost all policy and some colleges really do recruit policy people. both are great programs (though im a little biased towards policy).
@tomjonesistheman: have you ever even done debate?

Yeah. Debate is tough because you A) have to prepare a ton of reading and cases and B) have to be really good at thinking on your feet (literally on your feet during C-X)

I’m going to go to college for Bio, and if there was a college program that did do values debate, I’m so in! if not… well, too bad for me. I’m not a huge fan of policy… my ears don’t work that fast :stuck_out_tongue:

I hava played Ping Pong (table tennis) for years, listed top 10 in US National Junior Championship, and now try to enter US National Junior Team (age 14-18). Any one here knows what score the top Ivy universities can take, for a peroson with top national ranking in such a sport which not a lot of people play? Really appreciate your help.

Can a mod sticky this thread?

TOC/NFL winners max at 8. No way qualifying for NFL/TOC is even comparable to TASP/RSI etc. I’d put qualifying at 6-7, with NFL lower than TOC. Some TOC tournaments are easy to get bids at, and likewise, some NFL districts are absolutely terrible.

i agree…i wish this thread would be stickied

I’m not sure if it’s been listed somewhere in this thread, but how would Columbia SHP rank on the list? (Be brutally honest.)

It’s funny how National Honor Society went from 8 to 1.

I still think National AP scholar after junior year is underrated, considering the less than 400 or so people who receive it.

anyone else?

Does only a perfect score on foreign language exams count? I don’t remember what I got on my last National Latin Exam (which I last took in 9th grade), but in the last two years, I’ve dome in 7th and 8th place nationally on the National French Exam. I think that might count for something.

I agree that it’s underrated, but maybe I’m biased because I have it. To me it takes a lot more effort and ability to get those scores by junior year than to do pretty well on one test be one of thousands nationally to get National Merit

Doylegong:

Isn’t ping pong the second most played sport in the world after soccer? Though I suppose soccer isn’t played much here either… I’m sure it would probably be around a 7.5 on this list.

Sticky this thread!

how about state tournaments for speech/debate. Suppose i got like 3rd place at MN state speech tournament. how would that rank?

needs sticky

Being a state/national officer of a student organization such as FBLA, SkillsUSA, etc.? :slight_smile: What about National president of such an organization? :-o

what about boys/girls state? nation?

National president would rank around a 7 or 8, imo.