List of Top, Prestigious Awards

^ If MOP is 9 then IMO Honorable Mention (meaning that he got the full 7 marks on one question… which is bloody difficult) should definately be a 10.

^The reason that I put MOP higher than IMO HM is that any American Black or Blue MOPper will get at least a HM at IMO. Also, no American IMO team member is going to get a HM any time soon. Thus, in all likelihood, this award would belong to an international applicant and therefore be of less value than Blue/Black MOP.

Are you kidding D1 athlete as #10?? Have any of you guys ever met or played against a D1 athlete? They are freaking insane and dedicated as hell to their sport. Also, by D1 athletes i mean all D1 athletes, but i am especially talking about guys who are among the best in their sport.

^Uh, what are you implying? That it should be higher? Because it’s already the highest on the list…

o wow lol i thought that 1 was the highest, 10 lowest. Knew something was weird haha

@ Pirrup

I understand your reasons, fair enough.

what would state championships in piano be ranked?

maybe an 8, depending on your state.

^hmm, really? maybe i should have put that kinda stuff on my app. by the way, was databox ever really mentioned in this thread? if not, i find the tags very odd.

^Yes. There was a rather large discussion about him and his “hot” girlfriend.

musta missed that.

Cool, I was afraid that I wasn’t eloquent enough in my explanation. Assuming that you’re actually from London, have you participated in the British Mathematical Olympiad? If you have, how does it compare to the American one? (sorry if you don’t know anything about British math, I just assume that you do since you know about IMO HMs)

what would national AP scholar in junior year be?

How would 9th in State for Jets rank lol? Idk if its a big deal. First time doing jets.

I was 28th in the country in NAQT Quiz Bowl national championships last year. Is that considered to be pretty good?

How would placing in a state tournament in speech and debate rank?

Also, what about Catholic Forensic National Qualifiers? How would that rank?

This list is…DataBoxly. :slight_smile:

nil desper.

Those type of things really depend on your state and the stature of the competition itself. Well defined competitions (e.g., TOC) would rank highly, but some of the more obscure ones (i.e., random state invitationals) would not.

okay cool. so i guess both would rank…

To return this list to one scaled from 1-10:
10 - D1 athlete, IMO/IPHO/ICHO/IBO medals, Intel (top 10), Siemens National Winner/National Finalists, ISEF top 3 Grand Prize, Published in Nature or Science
9 - ISEF(1st places), Siemens Westinghouse (finalists), MOP, Intel Finalist, NFL Nationals winner (speech and debate),NCFL nationals winner( speech & debate)
8 - TASP, RSI, USPhO/USChO/USABO/USAMO/USACO national finalist (inclusive of USAMO qualification), Siemens Semi-finalists/ISEF(2-4 places), Intel semifinalist, Running your own <em>successful</em> business, AMC Perfect Score, Presidential Scholar, Davidson Fellow, Presidential Scholar of the Arts, Scholastic Art & Writing Portfolio Gold Award
7 - Selective summer programs or competitions, such as SSP, Clark Summer Program, YESS, NIH Research, and MITES. ARML top score, Scholastic Art & Writing National Silver or Gold Medal. NFL Nationals qualifier (speech and debate), Congressional Award Gold Medalist, YES Competition (Young Epidemiology Scholarship) Top 4.
6 - USPhO/USChO/USABO/USACO semifinalist, AIME, AMC 12 school winner, Science Olympiad National medals, Congressional Award Silver Medalist, Science Bowl/Ocean Science Bowl/NAQT winners
5 - National Latin Convention 1st Places Academic Contests, All-Eastern/all-regional music, National History Day winner,
4- Perfect Score (Multiple Years) on National Latin Exam, or other languages, some state awards (all-state music, etc), Science Olympiad state medals (depending on what state you’re from), USAMTS Gold, National History Day, JETS TEAMS National Finalist or Regional winner, MUN Gavel, State winner in speech and debate event of course also, depending on the state, NCFL nationals qualifier
3 - All-County music, winning at local/regional science fairs, Eagle Scout, National Merit
2 - Bank of America Awards, most local awards/trophies (art, music, community - although they will say something about your character), Essay Contests, State History Day
1 - National Honor Society, Beta Club, School Departmental Awards, School Honor Roll, Key Club, CSF, Interact Club
0 - Who’s Who, National Honor Roll, National Society of High School Scholars

do you think my estimation was fair?