Low GPA my first freshman semester, how can I turn this around and study abroad?

<p>I messed up bad this last fall semester (2013) I’m a freshman art history major at the University of Arizona and I overwhelmed myself with five classes. As hard as I tried I ended up with a GPA of .706 it’s horrible and I’m doing my very best not to give in to negativity or give up. I’m very serious about going to university but school has just never been easy for me my entire life.**</p>

<p>I want to (more accurately HAVE TO be able to for reasons I’d like to keep private) study abroad in England by spring 2015. The cutoff date is August which means I have spring and summer to get my GPA to acceptable levels. The required GPA (from U of A) to study anywhere in England is a 3.0.</p>

<p>I’m taking three classes this spring (also one 3 credit winter course which is going well atm) worth 3 credits each (plus another at Pima community college but that wont effect my GPA)</p>

<p>My question is, is it possible for me to dig myself out of this mess and get into the study abroad program by August? </p>

<p>Do you think if I have a large enough upward trend in grades they will see I’m working hard and just had a minor hiccup my first semester??</p>

<p>**learning disabilities: I have ADHD and anxiety disorder this had a lot of impact on my grades. (I could have made it out with at least at 2.0 if it wasn’t for my extreme bouts of anxiety and fear of asking for help in lieu of seeming stupid or needy to my professors.) I do go to the DRC but it wasn’t much help to me this semester.</p>

<p>… I honestly think you MIGHT be screwed. Try taking summer school to retake those failed classes, and ADHD wont get u out of this one, many people have it and when they push themselves can achieve just as much as any other student. Good luck!</p>

<p>Have you tried the SALT centre, I agree it is one tough route to overcome that gpa, I think its cum also, so you;d need 4.0 or better to get to 3.0 and it’s tough. Check out SALT if you haven’t, but good luck.</p>