Loyola Chicago Housing Assignment Error?

<p>Hi! I have a question about the housing assignment which I received last Friday. I am a sophomore transfer, and I was assigned to a quad in Baumhart Hall. In my housing contract on Locus I only had a double in Fordham Hall in my preferences. I also do not have any interest in living at the Water Tower campus because all of my classes are at the Lakeshore Campus and I do not want to commute, plus Baumhart is more expensive. Is it normal for them to not give the first choice or to assign someone to a campus other than the one where they have their classes? I believe this is an error, also because they gave me the wrong meal plan. I emailed them on Friday but am very impatient haha and I'm just curious what you guys have to say. Were you assigned to the building that you wanted?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>They sometimes make a error in the housing process, while other times rooms get filled up. I know some students that got there first choices. I got my first choice tho (AWESOME;)) BEST IS TO CONTACT THEM. btw hit me up</p>

<p>Does it give me a higher chance of getting the building that I want if I applied very early in May?</p>

<p>It could increase your chances depending on the number of students who already submitted there housing applications but seeing that you’re a transfer I don’t see why they couldn’t give you your first choice. Do you wanna text me</p>

<p>Do you wanna hangout sometime? I’m a junior at Loyola.</p>

<p>Call Housing asap. We had an error which they helped us with… they were very nice about it :)</p>

<p>How long ago was it that you had the error and contacted them? I called them yesterday morning as soon as res life opened and they placed me on the waiting list although I said it must be a mistake. I had my mom call the director of housing and he told her that so many people were upset because, even with the new residence buildings, so many freshman are pouring into Fordham and other upperclassmen halls. So now, the director is having a meeting about it and I’ll most likely get Fordham or Santa Clara. A lot of people complained hahaha I knew there had to be a big mistake!</p>