Loyola Chicago Interdisciplinary Honors Program

Hi everyone!

I was recently accepted to Loyola’s Interdisciplinary Honors Program. I’ve done some research and from what I can see, it’s an extremely rigorous program. Unfortunately, a lot of the information that I’m finding is out of date.

Are there any current students/family members of current students that could share their experiences with me? How rigorous is it in comparison to a high school career with numerous AP classes?

Thanks!

Hey, what was your day and gpa that got you into honors?
Did you have to write an essay?

I had a 32 and 4.15 GPA.

I believe the Honors application is randomly generated. Some people I know had to write a completely new essay about why the program is right for them, but I just had to submit my best existing work from high school.

I’m currently attending Loyola in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program, so let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help. I’m actually studying for that final right now.

Thank you so much! I just got accepted to Loyola engineering with 25k scholarship a year.
I have 1380 sat and 4.17 gpa. Do you think I can get in to Honors?

Also, how is honors dorm? I heard that it’s way better than normal dorms

Oh also when did you get admission notification from honors

Yep, there is no doubt in my mind you will be accepted to Honors. Both Honors dorms are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the rest of the dorms on campus. Francis is the newest dorm, which first opened in the fall of 2020. Regis is the secondary dorm for Honors students, but it is just as phenomenal. A bit older, but still really nice. I got my Honors decisions 4 days after submitting the application. They are rolling, so it could be anywhere from 3 days to a month.

Thank you for putting your time to answer my questions! I was also wondering when you got invitation to apply to honors. I heard that honors a lot harder and rigorous

Got my invitation at the end of March, but I believe you can always request the application from admissions or ask them about it. Honors is challenging, but completely manageable. It’s a lot of reading the first year (the weed-out year), but gets better over the course of the college experience (or so I’ve heard).

I just applied to honors! I’m not sure when I’m gonna hear my decision back

Thanks

Hope you hear back soon!