Loyola Housing

<p>What is the best housing option for Freshmen?</p>

<p>Regis and Simpson</p>

<p>I live in Regis, and it's probably the "nicest" freshman dorm to live in because it's the newest. However, if socializing is important to you, Mertz is a better bet. It's community style living, so you get to know your neighbors.
I don't even know the names of the girls who live next door to me in Regis, it's so secluded.</p>

<p>I have questions about the dorms...</p>

<p>Do any of the dorms have kitchens on the floors? I like to cook, and it would be nice option not to have to eat in the dining halls every single day. I don't think I would want to live in Regis, because like JKaiser807 said, it's so secluded.</p>

<p>Is simpson open to all students, or just those doing the community living thing? Simpson sounds like a good option for housing. Or is it just as secluded as Regis?</p>

<p>Housing on campus is at a premium. Right now they are about at capacity, so I don't think you may have much choice as to what hall you live in. Things may change somewhat over the summer. D is a transfer, so it may be different for freshman. I don't think you can live in the apartment style halls until after freshman year. Housing issues are common with any campus located in a large, expensive city.
The most important thing is to have your housing deposit in by May 1. I think that is the big deadline date. You could confirm that with admissions.
Next year D will likely live off-campus, which should be much less expensive (I hope!)</p>