Loyola University- Chicago

<p>Not much conversation on this school. D was accepted - but isn't sure how interested she is. Any recent students/graduates or parents of who have any recent impressions or comments about Loyola? I'm also curious about their reputation from those who are more familiar with Loyola.</p>

<p>Hello-
Anyone out there that can provide feedback on this post?
My daughter is thinking of Loyola Chicago vs Fordham or Santa Clara. There is so little(if any) activity for Loyola on College Confidential as opposed to other schools it’s odd or i am missing something.
Loyola seems like a fine school, but would appreciate any direct knowledge.
Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Loyola has a very good reputation in the Chicago area, esp. w/ their Medical, Nursing, and Business programs. They have a down to earth student body, not snobby, and a hip urban feel to the campus. There is a beach at the north end of campus, a new Student Center complete w/ rock climbing wall , movie theater, restaurant, etc. Some absolutely gorgeous dorms… and what seems to be a very caring faculty. I think it is a well kept secret, not sure why there is not more chatter here?</p>

<p>My son was also accepted to Loyola and we just returned from the admitted student weekend. Not sure if he was seriously considering because it is not the best ranked school he was accepted to but after this weekend they certainly jumped up a few notches. Wonderful campus, dorms, library addition glassed in over-looking the lake, growing recreation facilities which is important to him and location, location, location! The only problem we had was that he wasn’t asked to apply to the honors program even though his grades and scores were well above the criteria. We investigated that a little and found that if the student was accepted past a certain date the student was not asked to apply. He applied well within the application deadlines so that really didn’t seem fair. Now, they may or may not have space. Probably a deal-breaker for us even though he loves Chicago because he is in honors programs at other universities.</p>