LSU Early Action Admissions Fall of 2023

Has anyone heard anything from LSU yet? Any idea what the timeline for admissions of high stats students would be?

Seems like LSU moves slow. Meanwhile Bama is rolling out the red carpet.

My daughter applied the first week in August and it does feel slow. I thought the rolling admissions process would have started already. And you are right! Bama is accepting literally everybody. We are out-of-state for both LSU and Bama. She will not apply to Bama though…frankly as an LSU alum I can’t imagine my kids attending Alabama. Anyway, they are accepting students in the low 3.0 GPA range. I am anxious and hopeful for something soon…fingers crossed.

1 Like

We are out of state for both but it looks like Bama will give my kid way more money to attend there than LSU.

Hi. Just curious if anyone has heard anything yet.

Nope! Crickets.

My son received his acceptance last Friday. Applied in October.

2 Likes

Oh wow!! My son applied in August. Did he receive an email or snail mail? Their portal doesn’t say much.

1 Like

He received an email on Friday late afternoon to go check the portal. The portal contained the admissions decision and when he clicked on it he received his acceptance letter. Then about 30 minutes later he received an email from Auburn saying he was accepted. It was a Tiger Friday in our household.

2 Likes

I didn’t think anyone would hear back for awhile, so good to know they may be coming in. It’s my daughters first choice so I would love to be done with the process. She applied mid October.

My daughter applied early October and we haven’t heard a word either. She has been accepted to 5 other schools, some of which aren’t rolling admissions, in the meantime. It’s making her feel as though they aren’t interested. We have a child at Alabama already and I have to say, their out of state merit scholarships are unparalleled! We aren’t feeling the LSU love thus far!

We did not hear anything about merit scholarships in his acceptance letter but based on his profile using the cost calculator claims that could get up to $19k which would be great.

If you don’t mind me asking, is his stats high? And are you in state or oos?

Out of state, not sure what the LSU requirements are as we have found that each school recalculates GPAs. His high school transcript GPA is a 4.2, but no idea what that is for LSU (his GPA for Auburn was 4.12, UGA was 4.09, Tennessee was 4.32). Through the end of senior year will have taken 10 APs.

Same, LSU was the first choice until Alabama really rolled out the red carpet for him. Tons of scholarship money, a customized campus visit, nonstop personalized letters and emails. He is feeling the love from Bama and nothing at all from LSU.

19K is what we are assuming as well, which is good but not as good as Alabama. LSU is much closer to Houston where we live so that was a plus.

Did he submit test scores?

He did ACT 29.

1 Like

What was the scholarship amount at Alabama for your son?

So far it’s $24,000 plus $2500 from the college of engineering. But he took the SAT again and only needs 10 more points to get an additional $4000/yr. Plus they talked a lot about this Alumni scholarship that is competitive but stacks on top of existing.

Son received his acceptance last night. He applied test optional. As a side note, I have a daughter that is a sophomore at LSU and when she applied, the first really big acceptance wave was mid December with a lot of merit packages going out mid January. My son’s gpa was higher so I think that is why he got his acceptance earlier. They both applied the first week of August of their respective application cycles.

3 Likes