M10 Freakout Thread 2017

The '20 kids are the 9/11 babies…perhaps parents in US affected by that?

This all sounds pretty out there! :))
Let us all hope that we fit at our dream school… And if we don’t, we weren’t meant to be there anyway.

Last Song: Mercy Shawn Mendes
Most Played this Week- I Don’t Wanna Live Forever Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik

High school graduates are at a low right now and this trend will continue until about the class of 2020. So that would mean the number of current 8th graders (2022) should be more than the last several years.

By no means have I studies this @sunnyschool
But there was no apparent increase or decrease in babies post-9/11 (contrary to studies which predict baby booms after tragedies or big events)… Just the normal statistical variance…

For those applying to SPS for 9th grade, it will be one of the most competitive years ever. As told by an AO, they’re downsizing the class.

@GoatMama I see, do you know why or if this is exclusive to SPS? I’m hoping this doesn’t affect me too much, if it turns out that the reason behind the downsizing of the class applies to multiple boarding schools. I also wish good luck to any candidates applying to St. Paul’s for 9th grade this year, it sounds like it’s going to be a tough year.

@MAandMEmom , that may be a regional trend where you are. In the midatlantic, the #s are coming down dramatically, especially in zip codes with higher incomes. But BS students are not the general population, so this may not matter.

Sorry @gardenstategal yes I should have added the caveat that this was for New England.

@jkookie, SPS has been overenrolled for a while and they’re trying to bring down the numbers. They admitted fewer 9th graders last year, but this year the cut will be even more drastic.

@Atria what I meant about 9/11 is perhaps those parents (esp east coast who lived it with small children/baby) are more inclined not to send their child away to school.

^ Purely a hypothesis (guess) and has no validity that I know of. Just theorizing based on most people I know that would not consider BS.

Interesting posts above & others feel free to PM me. We are a 9-11 family (DH was first responder & OK), but current applicant born year later…, thank you for remembering and acknowledging . I’m inclined to send our student to BS but think I will be one of those moms who will get a standing hotel reservation or want to move up there!!! intererting topic for a study@@Atria!! Very impressed with your posts.

Thanks @SunnySchool for your posts & insights!

@Golfgr8 Dh was there too, though not a responder. Never forget. <3
And maybe I’ll meet you at the hotel!

Worth repeating: it’s wonderful to have the support of you all on CC!!!

I have nominated @Atria for the 2017 Application Cycle Maturity Award. :)>- Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to hearing all the good news on M10.

If you guys are accepted do you plan on going to revisit days?

Yes! Hope we can meet one day!

yeah, if I get accepted to any of my mine I would like to. Do you?