M10 Freakout Thread 2017

@Golfgr8

Words cannot describe the respect I have for your DH.
My mom was pregnant (with me) at the time and they were on the way to NY but due to a random stroke of car troubles stopped midway. Dad still tells us how they (and the rest of the hotel) watched in horror and Mom fielded calls from home and friends (we were supposed to be in NY by then)…Honestly no words…

I’d like to! I live pretty far away from all of my schools so it’s a slim chance. 12 days!!

@GoatMama

=)) AtriaMom would beg to differ… I still think (no matter her denials) that she has a secret notebook which she shows to anyone who dares call me responsible (or mature)…
I showed up to school one day (mind you this was right after parent teacher conferences) and my teacher asked me why on earth did I think chickens and baths with a good combination (long story… cough… cough… well not really… I was under the impression that chickens and ducks were about equivalent… and there were no ducks around…)

@twentyscholar
Revisits… whew (dare I dream that far?!)…

But if I get in… yep, I didn’t get a chance to do on campus tours/interviews, so revisits would be a must…

haha my mom does the same thing! although, i’ve never thrown chickens in the bath tub :)) are you all andover and exeter applicants? it would be cool if some of us applied to the same schools

@GoatMama I was wondering if you knew about how many people SPS plans on accepting for 9th grade this year. I know in previous years they’ve accepted a little over 100 applicants, by how much do they plan to scale back? St. Paul’s is my first choice, three of my siblings went there, so being accepted is very important to me.

^I will PM you

@twentyscholar I’m applying to Andover and Exeter too! I’m applying as a day student at Andover and boarding at Exeter :slight_smile:

I’m not actually applying there I was just saying that because everyone i’ve talked to so far is applying to there. I’m applying to Asheville, Madeira, Emma Willard, and I was just accepted to CATS Academy Boston.

Congrats on the acceptance @twentyscholar ! :D/

Of course my parents are planning a trip to Ojai (the town Thacher’s in) right after M10 for my mom’s birthday. It could be a really, really depressing trip for me :))

Isn’t it crazy to think that the AOs have probably already discussed us and our applications and decided if we’re going to their school or not?

Maybe they áre reading our posts on CC about the M10 wait!

I’m applying to Exeter, @twentyscholar and @livesk8dream! Hopefully, we get accepted and can see each other at school if we’re all lucky enough haha :slight_smile:

@jkookie Good luck! I didn’t apply to Exeter because my SSAT percentile isn’t high enough

11 DAYSSS AHHHHHHHHHHH
okay i’m fine
not really
but
agh

I’m just trying to put it out of my mind :confused:

^ only that’s wayyyyyyyyyy too hard, heck I can barely sleep at night anymore.

@swimmer0521
Occupy your time! 10 days will pass, so will the 30 days after that, and the months, and years after that :wink:
Go read a book! (I just got around to reading Three Men in a Boat and that’s awesome!)

@Atria I can’t believe how fast these months have gone by, really. Although there are only 10 days left until spring break, I still have about 10 tests to write smh