M10 Freakout Thread 2017

@Atria
Feel better soon! :slight_smile:
I canā€™t seem to get my mind off the 10th. Counting down the hours!

@MaxLMZ Iā€™m applying to 11th grade at Andover

@magicthecat Be positive!

Haha thanks @ThacherParent ! Iā€™m hoping and hoping :slight_smile:

Last Song : The Idea of Growing Old -The Features
Most Played : Naive - The Kooks

My confidence, if I had any, is starting to waver. I just received a cryptic legacy letter from SPS, my first choice, but Iā€™m trying not to read too much into that. M10 couldnā€™t come any sooner. : /

Do a school sent these legacy letter to all the applicants if they have siblings currently enrolled in that prep school? Or this is only for few top kids they want to admit. Just curious

Probably all. @infinityprep1234

@twentyscholar : Did you consider Chatham Hall or Westover?

Yes! Westover was on my shortlist. I decided not to apply because I couldnā€™t see myself there, although everyone I spoke with was lovely. I didnā€™t look into Chatham Hall though. Are you applying for an all girls school?

@infinityprep1234 Is your sibling at SPS or are you just asking about boarding schools in general?

Is it just me or do you guys also have the feeling that you both want M10 to come sooner and yet want it to never come?

Finally itā€™s March!

Guys likd I know reccs are important but can you tell me like how REALLYā€¦ important they are you see its my first time in this sort of thing. Lik I have a few great recs and some okayish or good. Btw O am trying for 11th grade.

do you guys know what time the results (for andover) are published? Is it on a website, or emailed??

@LilyPatrick
Last year they send out links to their portal via email on M10ā€¦ The decisions are live @ 5:00pm ESTā€¦
They will probably send out the instructions via email soonā€¦ Last year it was on March 4th.
However, last year their portal crashed and they followed up with an email later in the evening. Donā€™t know if they still plan to use the portal this yearā€¦

@Shouvik
I really am not trying to be mean but for future reference ā€˜likeā€™ is spelled with an ā€˜eā€™.
Honestly, no one knows what happens behind the closed doors of the AO. Its educated speculation. :-??
In general recs are complimentary to your app. Unless a teacher says things that raise flags (the negative kind), they probably wonā€™t have as huge impact on your app (like a side dishā€¦ a good one is greatā€¦ a bad one can put you off the main course :wink: )ā€¦
11th grade is competitive. But now M10 is almost here and no point is scrutinizing and making wild, panic driven speculations. Your application has long been sent and by now many schools would be done with the process.
Good Luck! :-bd

ooh. thank you so much! @Atria

@Atria I know itā€™s spelled with an E but the thing is my right hand is unusable due to my last boxing sparring round and I am trying to type on my phone fast with my left so it is hard to type

ohhā€¦ I see @shouvikā€¦ Its just that I am a bit of a knitpicker :wink: