Marketing and Journalism/Comm double major OR Marketig Major &journalism minor?

<p>Hey! So I posted the same thread a while ago but in the Business Major section but I also want to see the insight/advice of journalism/Communications majors.</p>

<p>I am going to be a senior this fall and I am totally freaking out. </p>

<p>Originally, I wanted to work in Journalism (print / television) or PR but since the job prospects are REALLY bad for Journalists I thought I should major in a field that will offer me more jobs. </p>

<p>So I took a marketing class and I LOVED IT. And during my first 3 weeks of summer, I was lucky enough to become a trainee at my best friend's uncle's small furniture company. During that experience I was working with sales and marketing managers and I decided I want to major in marketing.</p>

<p>My question being: if I majored in marketing and minored in communications/journalism will I be able to work in Journalism or other media-related jobs.</p>

<p>( I will definitely do many internships for both marketing and comm during college) </p>

<p>OR
should I double major? My only concern would be spending an extra year in college or not doing many internships if I double majored.</p>

<p>It’s up to you, but I will say that it doesn’t really matter what you major in - you can get in journalism even if you don’t major in it.</p>

<p>So if I didn’t major in comm/journalism I can still have a chance in having media related jobs? Will the internships and ECs be enough?</p>