Math Required For Transfer?

<p>Hi there...</p>

<p>I'm a freshman at TCU and I want to transfer to A&M for the fall 2013. I know I don't have enough hours at the time being, but I know people who have transferred as freshman (they were denied then reevaluated after their spring grades were in, sounds like the standard process.) </p>

<p>I was hoping to transfer to the liberal arts college, into something like international studies, communication, or english. I'm currently a graphic design major, so I took a lot of art classes and some classes that are supposed to "transfer by title" but haven't officially been assigned a credit.</p>

<p>I already have 9 hours of credit in english, 3 hours of credit in poli sci, and 3 in art from ap tests. I'll have earned 6 hours of natural science credit, 18 in art, and 3 in math by the time my grades are reviewed. Currently I have a 3.9 but I may have a 3.8 at that point. </p>

<p>I was told by one admissions counselor that I was competitive for some of the majors in liberal arts based on my course work, but another told me that without completing Math 141 (1324 texas common course number), there was almost no way I'd be accepted into any of the majors because every single major requires that for a transfer, regardless of the degree track. </p>

<p>My question is, does this sound reasonable, or does anyone know of an instance where a student transferred without completing that Math or higher? I'm very confused, especially when I could just take that math there.</p>

<p>What math have you taken?</p>

<p>It’s a basic level applied math class…called “topics in mathematics”. Apparently it is supposed to transfer but they don’t have a credit assigned for it.</p>