McGill Decisions Class of 2027

It is not letting me update my grades. What should I do?

I would call them since they do not usually do Review- Decision Pending without having looked at your mid year grades. The phone numbers for each division in admissions are listed on the website. Good luck.

Does anyone know what my odds are looking like to get in if my application is reviewed- decision pending.

1 Like

My son is in the same boat. It is not a rejection! But it means the application wasn’t the strongest in their pool. As the month or months go on, they will admit some of us from this category as they see how the class shapes up in terms of stats. If your mid-year grades are strong and they did not have these when you were put in this category, I think you need to call them.

what’s the bar for grades leading to admission vs review pending vs reject?

1 Like

When does the entrance scholarship decision come out?

The one with the deadline January 15th for international applicants and February 7th for Canadian folks.

1 Like

McGill lists their cut-offs for the previous year in terms of grades and IB predicted on their website by division. My sense is that applicants who far surpass these cut offs get admitted straight away. Those who are closer to the cut-off are “decision pending” with admission coming as the ad com moves closer to the cut-off. Those below the cut-off get rejected. Others may have more knowledge of how this works. My sense is that late Feb and March they will start reviewing the “decision pending” group and offering admissions.

The McGill website says that this is how decisions are made. Or at least it used to say that.

Does Anyone know really what is the Big difference between BA versus BComm in Economics at McGill. Obviously difference bachelors degrees but what is the real difference. If admitted to both, which is better for studying Economics? TIA.

Economics (ECON) | eCalendar - McGill University
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) - Honours Economics | eCalendar - McGill University

The BCOM in Economics requires taking the Management Core. Essentially it is more applied economics than you would get in Arts. as for which is better, it depends on your career plans.

1 Like

Our son heard about the major entrance scholarship earlier this week.

Did he get it?

No, he did not.

Good news about rigor from McGill’s website:

“In order to make the best-informed admission decision possible, McGill Admissions will consider all academic aspects of your application. This includes grades, breadth of course choice, challenge level of courses (rigour), rank in class (if available), and completed examinations results, such as Advanced Placement (AP). You may be asked to provide a school profile.”

1 Like

Very interesting… we’d been advised that McGill explicitly did not look at rigor. This is indeed good news for a lot of American applicants in particular!

4 Likes

My son’s application status has been “ready for review” since November 2022. He submitted on Oct 30. He is international student applying for business commerce. Anyone has any idea how long the decision will be out?

2 Likes

I have the same question. My daughter submitted her app on 12/25 and the status is still showing ready for review. We are in the US.

1 Like

Should be 3 months ish. Mine was the same and I applied a little before. However, depends on the stats. If your son has low grades he should be rejected quite quickly. Otherwise, you will probably have to wait…

2 Likes

Thank you, hopefully will hear soon