Meal plan for sophomore

<p>Are there any good incentives for holding off on ordering a meal plan for my son? He will be a sophomore at Riverside West, so at least we don’t have to order the freshman plan. I would kind of like for everything to be on the same bill we are going to be getting soon.</p>

<p>Sometimes Bama Dining offers some bonuses if you order later. </p>

<p>I’m not sure what you mean by “the same bill”. If you mean that you only want to pay ONE time, then you’d need to order now. I don’t think it’s a big deal to pay the current balance, then order a meal plan in August, and then pay that balance…it’s all done online in a snap either way.</p>

<p>Your son will likely get some extra meals thrown in if he waits until school starts. If he does wait, see if he can get vouchers that are good for any all-you-can-eat meal on campus. Those vouchers would be good for the $19.75 dinners at Bryant.</p>

<p>While interest rates are low, you would be saving money by waiting in terms of opportunity cost alone. Order a meal plan after he confirms his schedule and the money won’t be due until the first billing period, which would often have the money being due in October. Know when your credit card cycle ends and you may not have to take the money out of your account to pay the credit card bill until November.</p>