meal plan question

s2 lives off campus, but I bought him the $600 meal plan for fall. He shows a balance of $240. Can I just add another $100 onto his account? We tried and it said “no current term”. Does this normally work? Wondering if maybe it goes inactive during the breaks intentionally?

Dining Dollars left over at the end of the fall semester will roll over to the spring semester within the same academic year with the purchase of a semester Dining Plan in the spring.

In other words, to get to that rolled over balance, you’ll have to purchase a new dining plan for the spring, as opposed to merely adding to that balance. After you purchase a new plan, the $240 balance will rollover.

I’m pretty sure the actual rollover will not occur until almost 2 weeks into the spring semester.

Here’s a copy and paste from the FAQ on the DineOnCampus webpage:

“The rollover dining dollars will be placed in a Rollover Meal Plan account and activated the week following the 12th class day of the spring semester. Rollover dining dollars will be available for use once all spring semester meals have been exhausted and will not appear on you card balance until that time.”

(Oh. And did you catch that last part? His rolled over dollars will not be available for use, even though activated, until all spring semester meals have been exhausted. So you may want to buy a low meal count plan.)

I do not know your exact predicament, so I may not have accurately answered your question. But, by the sounds of it, since the website is saying “no current term,” and since you’re talking about adding to his plan instead of purchasing a plan, I think this may be your problem.

Best of luck navigating the system! :slight_smile:

Rats! OK thanks!

Rats! OK thanks!