Medical College of Georgia

I’m wondering if it would be better for me to get my undergraduate at Augusta University, since it is associated with Medical College of Georgia, or somewhere more competitive with more difficult classes, such as Georgia Tech, then go to Medical College of Georgia for med school. Which one would better prepare me for medical school?

Med school is all about UG GPA, Mcat and ECs. Where do you go for college is not important especially for a State medical college like MCGCOM. I think Augusta will be just fine for you and you should have an edge if it is associated with MCGCOM.

While Augusta U is easy to get in and it is public U, with low cost IS tuition. Its 4 year graduation rate is only 6%, meaning that they have a high weeding/attrition rate. Graduation there with top 10% of the class will most likely to get you into a med school.

There is no easy way out. Good luck.

If you are instate and plan to try to stay instate for med school, consider a stronger undergrad than Augusta that will prepare you for the rigors of med school. That said, you don’t necessarily need to aim for tech, and it’s getting pretty hard to get into.