Miami Univ Presidential Fellows 2024

We received the general honors letter via USPS the same day we received the PFP invite via UPS Express.

thanks.

Just spoke with admissions and an admission counselor said to expect an email by Friday this week on PFP. Odd considering I was told last week that they were coming out last week on Friday, somehow there was a week delay.

My daughter’s invitation had the registration deadline as January 24th and all forms plus photo due on January 31st. Maybe if some who are invited cannot attend they move down the list. This could be why they are waiting to send out notification.

yes, last week many were notified they were invited to the weekend, so I believe the email is just a sorry letter unless 3xPink is correct and they add a few more invites.

Pure speculation on my part!

I emailed our state’s counseller . She said the email is going to come today . She did say though as per what is told to her . So seems like they are doing ketchup . They could have just sent an email, rather than the convulated process they are following now.

I just received an email… rejected. There were 3300 applicants, which softens the blow, but still stinks getting rejected. At least I finally got an answer.

Anyone know how many received invitations? I know last year it was about 75…

From what I understand Feb 15th and 16th is the only finalist weekend

@isitfridayyet That is correct.

I just gotta say that I thought that Miami did a fantastic job with the PFP - it was very well run, very well organized, and great food! Now the month long waiting part…

I agree! Impressed by how they kept everything on schedule and made the students feel celebrated. Make it Miami was also well worth the time.

Has anyone received information back from Miami of Ohio for the Presidential Fellow Scholarship? I was wondering if any notifications had gone out either acceptance or denial for the scholarship. If so, how were you notified? Thanks.

@Reggie2020 Our student received a call from Dr. Renata Crawford on March 5th inviting her to be a Presidential Fellow.

How many Presidential Fellows are awarded each year?

Beyond the scholarship, what is the best part of being a Presidential Fellow?

As a parent of a PF, I would say one thing that was great especially during the pandemic was a chance to connect with a group of like minded students. They all live on the same wing so you already knew a lot of people prior to arriving on campus. They were all in a group chat from the time of the interviews. That will be harder with it being virtual. Hopefully they will help the new fellows connect. The full ride gives you a lot of freedom plus the additional 5,000 is a huge help. You also have access to a team that will help you seek out post grad fellowships. The Crawfords also do things with the fellows. In normal times, you get to attend a lot of special events.