Michigan State Broad College of Business - Direct Admit 2023

Hi everyone! I started this thread for those who are awaiting a decision on direct admission to MSU’s Broad College of Business for fall 2023. Evidently, they have finished their pilot on this and it is now official. Here is a link to a recent article:

My daughter has been accepted to MSU (OOS/Max scholarship received) and will now wait to see if she has gotten direct entry into Broad. It looks like there will be two rounds of notifications, one in mid-February and another in mid-April.

Congrats to your daughter. My son was accepted as well (OOS/Max scholarship received) and is too waiting direct entry to Broad. Fingers cross! Thank you for starting this conversation thread.

1 Like

Congrats to your son! I think MSU is at the very top of my daughter’s list (she loved the campus when we visited on Green & White Days), but so much will hinge on if she gets direct entry. She applied to several of the Big Ten, so once she sees where she lands with all of those, she’ll be able to make a decision. It sounds like Broad won’t announce first rounds until mid-February. That seems late, but it is what it is. She will have likely heard from Indiana, UIUC, Purdue and others by then.

My son applied to the same schools. We’ll be waiting together!

Ha! That’s great! This entire “direct entry” process is new to me. My older daughter is a junior Accounting/BIA major at Creighton University, and the entire slate of schools she applied to were all smaller (Loyola, Marquette, SLU, etc.), so if you got accepted, you were automatically in the business program. Navigating the big university process is interesting and has been a learning curve for us. It’s exciting though!

There’s a lot to keep track of. I do like how MSU is transparent with the deadlines.

1 Like

S23 was also admitted a few weeks ago (OOS). He is also looking specifically for direct entry programs. We have applied to many of the Big 10 schools.

2 Likes

D23 has been accepted to MSU with “business preference” as her major. Does she need to do an actual biz school application? I’ve read conflicting info - one web page says HS students who list biz preference will automatically be reviewed for direct admission to Broad. However, her acceptance letter hard copy says to look at her portal for next steps on the biz major…… we don’t want to miss a deadline!

I don’t believe there is any separate form required. The Direct Admit decisions will be based on already provided statistics in the submitted application.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that there is any separate form or application for Broad. There doesn’t even appear to be a petition process like IU has. I think if you get in as “business preference” you’re automatically considered for DA into Broad.

1 Like

Does anyone know when direct admit comes out for business at MSU?

1 Like

Two rounds of invitations will be issued in mid-February and mid-April. Students who do not receive an invitation in February will still be considered for the second round. Invitations will be issued through the Office of Admissions’ application portal; invited students’ majors will be changed to Business Admitted

So, anyone care to wager on when we will hear the first DA announcements for Broad? :slight_smile: This is the very last college that my daughter is waiting to hear from. I don’t think it’s at the top of her list anymore, but that “you got IN!” email does have a way of making things more real. Anway, I just thought I’d breathe some life into this thread.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping we hear soon! For us, it will determine whether MSU stays on my son’s list or not. Do we know how Broad shares the news? (in the portal? email to the kids? etc)

It said on the website that their portals would be updated, but I hope they send an email too alerting the students that their portals have changed. This is what they did for the general acceptance to MSU.

We’re in the same situation. If my daugther doesn’t get direct entry in this first round, MSU will come off of her list. She has other great options, and she won’t want to wait until mid-April to make her final decision.

1 Like

The first round of notifications will go out mid-February. My son did reach out to admissions and they confirmed that timeline.

2 Likes

Any news or are invitations actually coming out on the 15th?

No news yet. The website says “mid-February”, so I’m hoping that we will hear about first round acceptances this week.

Thank you. This is the final decision that my son is awaiting—best wishes to your daughter.

Thank you! You too!