Michigan State Class of 2027 Official Thread

I couldn’t find a thread on this so I figured I’d start one. Child was accepted into MSU class of 2027! We are all so excited! Still waiting on other schools but this is in his top 2!
#GoGreen

5 Likes

Wow that is great! When did he apply and for which school? D23 applied also!

1 Like

Go White!

My daughter is a sophomore there, please let me know if I can answer any questions.

4 Likes

Congratulations! It is on our D’s list as well. We were planning to visit last month, but she decided her time would be better spent working on applications instead. :slight_smile: I’m hoping we can get there before it gets too cold!

1 Like

OOS D23 admitted 11/3 (applied 10/16) with expected merit matrix scholarship + 3-5k travel abroad scholarship. Sociology major(planned music double major/minor). Received email today about the physical acceptance package being delayed 6 weeks due to supply chain issues.

3 Likes

Wow that’s great! I wasn’t expecting for D to hear anything until at least December!

1 Like

Our D also heard back in about 2 weeks. If she applied closer to 11/1, they will have more apps to process, so try not to worry if it takes a little longer!

3 Likes

Yes I figured - she applied 10/27. Thanks!

2 Likes

D accepted with 15k scholarship and then the travel abroad one. Out of state so its still pretty pricey. Planning on visiting early spring.

Applied Test optional on Oct. 22. Received acceptance email yesterday.

1 Like

Agreed it is pricey. It’s probably our D’s biggest reach financially.

1 Like

Thanks for starting this! My D was accepted in early October with a $15K out of state scholarship as well as study abroad. She is now waiting to see if she gets direct entry into Broad. She loves MSU and had a great time at Green & White Days last summer. She’s applied to a number of the Big 10, so I think where she goes will probably hinge on where she is offered direct entry into the various business programs.

2 Likes

My D got acceptance email on 10/12. No physical mail yet though

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you! He applied on 10/14 and is undecided so to MSU exploratory program.

1 Like

Thank you so much! We are going to visit this Friday. I’m sure we will have questions. Does she like it?

1 Like

He received an email saying that the letters are delayed. It’s always nice to see it in print in the mail. :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats to your D! Was the merit scholarship included in your acceptance letter?

He only received some travel abroad merit $3-$5000. Nothing else.

1 Like

My daughter applied 10/28. Good luck!

2 Likes

Acceptance came yesterday and merit email came today

2 Likes

She really likes it!

It’s a big school so the responsibility is the student’s to join clubs, reach out and make new friends. She has not had a problem since she hit the ground running to make college the best it could be for her.

She has a nice mix of online and in-person classes; most students pick a mix because it works better with their schedule. MSU has a two-year dorm requirement, but she is living in an apartment building next year. The dorms are okay - nothing palatial but I wouldn’t want to pay for palatial anyway lol.

She is hoping for an internship this summer - MSU is big on internships and always has recruiters coming in.

Did you all get your acceptance flags yet?

Also, there is a good group to join on FB called Michigan State Spartan Parents Group run by the school - it has a “Go Green” against a black background. There are several such groups, both official and unofficial, but the school does a good job with a couple official groups for parents (including housing).

3 Likes