Michigan State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you so much!

We haven’t gotten any acceptance flags? Do they send those? He only found out on the portal. They said that the letters are delayed.

Online classes? Interesting…

We are going to visit on Friday and can’t wait!

Thanks for the information, off to join the FB page!

S23 was admitted to MSU in early Oct with Supply Chain as the major at Broad, but not yet as a Direct Admit. He received $10k a year in scholarship (OOS) and study abroad. MSU is definitely in our consideration set.

My D got her MSU flag a couple of weeks ago. What a nice surprise for her!

Stats?

My OOS S23 got his acceptance on Wednesday. He applied on the 25th, and his school (in Virginia) had a thing where the AO came to deliver the news in person, which was pretty cool. He’ll get his aid package later, but according to the matrix it’ll be $10k plus maybe the $1250 for being a grandchild of an alumni.

He wants to do engineering, and they don’t have direct admit to their school of engineering, so that would be on potential road block to accepting. But most of my wife’s family are alumni and one of my wife’s cousins lives right next to the campus and she taught my son how to water ski and wakeboard, so my son would be super happy to be near them.

*Edit - looked at the matrix again, if that was for weighted gpa, then he should be good for the $15K merit based scholarship, which would be quite nice

3 Likes

Has anyone heard from the Honors college yet?

1 Like

D23 just received Honors admit today via email.

2 Likes

How long ago did she receive her acceptance. And do you mind sharing her stats?

Admitted 11/3. OOS CA GPA 4.0/4.2 (They don’t get a boost for honors classes.) SAT 1480 single seating. 9 APs/2 DE. Sociology major, planned music double major/minor and super excited about the Marching Band!

3 Likes

S23 checked his portal and apparently they want his official SAT score before awarding merit.

1 Like

Son applied EA in mid-OCT. He’s a triplet. His sisters received their acceptance the first week of November. SIS 1 applied on the same date he did. SIS 2 applied three days later. Trying to keep his outlook positive while he waits. All three have the same admission counselor, and he’s worried he hasn’t heard anything back yet.

Did he apply test optional? If not and his test score was used for admissions, I think it’s pretty standard to want the official test score. My D23 was also accepted and received the OOS and study abroad scholarships and she has no such update on her portal (and applied test optional)

Yes, all three kids applied test optional. My two daughters received MI resident scholarships that show up in their portals.

My reply was to DadBodThor regarding official test scores. But I can imagine that your son is stressed - they should all three have been notified on same day :grimacing:

No, he didn’t apply test optional… just self reported scores. It does make sense, but glad we checked otherwise it would have just sat there.

My apologies :woozy_face:

So, apparently S23 misread his portal… he needs to submit his official scores once he accepts their offer. For scholarships he said he got $70K in scholarships over 4 years – not sure which ones. Which we’re thrilled with b/c it makes it more comparable to our in-state fees.

3 Likes

Updated timeline, OOS CA for what it’s worth:
Applied 10/16
Admitted to MSU 11/3
Admitted to Honors 11/14
FLAG RECEIVED! 11/18

2 Likes

What are your stats?

Does anyone know more about the Applied Engineering Sciences major in the College of Engineering?