Middlebury College Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Middlebury College offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

Early Decision I and Early Decision II

The only difference between the two rounds of Early Decision is the deadlines—November 15 for Early Decision I and January 3 for Early Decision II. The assessment standards for each application are identical. Both programs are binding and assume that an applicant will attend if admitted, provided that the financial aid is appropriate.

Notification

Students applying under the Early Decision I program are notified in mid-December. Students applying under the Early Decision II program are notified in early February.

Last year, Middlebury College admitted 365 of the 853 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 42.79%.

For more information visit the Middlebury College page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Middlebury College applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Middlebury College? Why Middlebury College? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Middlebury College topics visit the middlebury-college tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Middlebury College Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Do all applicants have 8 am for their results or are they spread out during the day?
Dec. 11 coming soon!

My son applied ED1. I’m not sure what time he is supposed to hear. He just said it was December 11. Just jumping on here to say hi. Are you the applicant or is it your son/daughter?

My son is the applicant! I confirmed with my son, he said the portal tells him his decision will be there as of 8 am on Dec 11. I misunderstood and thought applicants were given different times! Sounds like that is the target time for them to check and read the posted decision. Good luck to your son!

2 Likes

Good luck to your son (and you).

My son also heard decisions will be released Dec 11 at 8:00 AM ET.
Best of luck to both of you.

1 Like

So I asked my son if he would be waking up early on Saturday and he was genuinely confused. Lol. If it were me, I’d set my alarm so I’d be online at 8 a.m. Heck, I still might do that, just to hear his decision. I bet it will be like Christmas morning in recent years, when the adults are up first waiting for the kids to amble downstairs late morning.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m an ED1 international student but didn’t receive an interview invitation. If that means the college doesn’t like me and I lost my chance?

BTW, if anyone knows how many students applied for Midd ED1 this year?

1 Like

Their website says:

“We do our best to interview international applicants, but due to the number of applicants and the limited availability of interviewers abroad, it is often not possible.”

So don’t really worry about the interview, I didn’t get one either.

4 Likes

thx!!! :slight_smile:

We are on the west coast, so it will be 5AM for us. And a long wait until our son wakes up and checks.

2 Likes

My daughter also applied ED. We’re starting to get pretty nervous, counting the hours. :grimacing:

5 Likes

What are everyone’s guesses on this years’ applicant pool? Do you think Midd will have as many applications as they did last year?

Feels very close all of a sudden! Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Maybe more since last year’s admissions cycle for all schools was so wild–the class of 2022 may respond with even more applications to more schools. Plus, the no supplemental must help, too!

1 Like

Looks like they’re trying to close the school early for winter break… maybe admissions will send decisions today???

1 Like

I saw that. I wonder if covid is worse there or if they are being more cautious than other schools. As to admissions decisions, I kind of doubt it, but we’ll know soon. I’m literally counting hours.

2 Likes

making sure I have a 4:45am alarm set

1 Like