Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Just curious, @skieurope - Was it an April fools joke to switch Parents with Chances? Change is good but I keep clicking Chances!

I’m old so this will probably take some time… :wink:

Oh, and just so we’re clear … I’m definitely not arguing with the pecking order.

@PhotographerMom I think it’s related to the red box above.

@PhotographerMom , talk about Dishy Biographies, have you ever read the MIT physicist Alan Lightman’s “Screening Room: A Memoir of the South”?? Would probably be brilliant choice for a college kid who needs perspective on American history and romantic relationships.

When Breath Becomes Air, by Paul Kalanithi (NY Times Best Seller) is supposed to be good.

Second for When Breath Becomes Air.

And anything by Atul Gawande.

I downloaded A Gentleman in Moscow earlier today. :slight_smile: Thank you for the other suggestions too.

Oh, I didn’t know the order was changed. But I kept clicking the Chances. [-X

I keep thinking of that song: “Chances are…”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEH3uqbpsm8

A nice interview/live performance of “Alaska” (SAS grad Maggie Rogers):

https://youtu.be/xNOB5N0D8Z0

@london203 Thanks for the earworm. 8-|

@gusmom2000 I like to share these treasures… can’t have that song stuck in my head all by my lonesome, now can I?

Love Johnny Matthis. Thanks, @london203. :slight_smile:

Now this is random…got my Hawaii medical license today! yea! prepped parents and PPkids moving to HI…LOL

@preppedparent how hard is it to get a HI license? You just made me realize I forgot to renew NH. :frowning:

@buuzn03 Well HI changed its process Oct 1, 2016 and required a lot more stuff than the typical app. Took me 6 months to get. But here we come Blue Hawaii. Thank you @buuzn03 @Atria @london203 @doschicos @AppleNotFar

Congratulations, @preppedparent !

thanks @carpoolingma !

How exciting, @prepparent. Now you just need to start an airbnb and we can all come visit. :slight_smile:

Good for you for pursuing a dream. I hear there is a real need for medical professionals in Hawaii.

Well, I don’t know what your BS network gets you…but mine gets me last minute tix to a sold out Maggie Rogers show (and afterparty). She’s the real deal…set included an outstanding cover of Neil Young’s “Harvest Moon”.