Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

@Calliemomofgirls Hugs and happiness from me, too. We’ll keep vigil with you. Keep us updated here.

Thinking of you and you girls @Calliemomofgirls

@Calliemomofgirls Good update!!! Thinking of you all!

@Calliemomofgirls Glad to read the update and sending vibes for speedy recovery!

Good to hear, @Calliemomofgirls! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Great news, @Calliemomofgirls! Sending best wishes to your brave girl! You all are in my thoughts.

@Calliemomofgirls Sending many hugs to you! :heart::heart: Best wishes for a smooth recovery!

What a relief. Sending out good vibes to your family, and especially for your daughter and her speedy recovery.

@Calliemomofgirls So happy for you - hugs for an uneventful and speedy recovery!

@Calliemomofgirls super happy to hear things went smooth. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery!!!

Thanks for the update @Calliemomofgirls…certainly helps put everything in perspective.

Thinking of you and your daughter @Calliemomofgirls and sending healing vibes your way. Good to hear surgery went well.

New thread - do any of my CC peeps here have children abroad right now? Chimneykid2 is in Nepal till May 1 and lots of schools (Italy and China mostly so far) are bringing students home due to the Coronavirus. My biggest worry is that she will get boxed in as Nepal borders China and India. Her program also hosts Tufts, Princeton, Duke and other colleges study abroad but so far I believe they have only brought the China kids back to the US. NYU has brought home Italy kids. I’m sure there are college threads on this but you guys mix better cocktails!

My daughter is going to Ireland, and then to India. The school had trips planned for Italy and China, but they were canceled. We had to sign extra waivers saying that we can’t sue the school if the kids get exposed to coronavirus. I completely understand your concerns, I was definitely having second thoughts signing that waiver!

There is a thread in the Parent Cafe on COVID-19 and study abroad if you are interested.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/2175805-coronavirus-and-study-abroad-issues.html#latest

Thank you @doschicos for the link - following as our daughter is scheduled to travel w/ school to Switzerland and Italy in June.

GK1 is leaving for France on Saturday. GK2 is going to Germany, Poland, and Czech Republic in June. I’m a peds pulmonary faculty, and quite worried.

In another non-sequitur…anyone here watching the Hulu reboot of “High Fidelity”? I loved the first season.

One of my favorite songs used (also used in the movie):
https://youtu.be/VfDZNwJ3jVU

St. Paul’s just cancelled all student foreign exchange programs that were supposed to begin this Saturday: France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, the UK.

@GoatMama Thacher is sending its singers to Spain in a week, flying via Paris. Should they be grounded?