Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Ask the 3.979 person to use superior math skills to round the number according to convention. :slight_smile: You will have an answer. Congrats.

Rounding is cheating. I would say, “Good job. Maybe next time.” :wink:

Go with effort not numbers

St Nick is bringing the extra “.021 GPA” (symbolically, of course). We, er my friend, decided since he was concussed for a good portion of the term, rounding would work. Thanks for the input! :slight_smile:

Ah… my bribe is set at 3.61… I know the bar is too low… I am a failure… [-(
Besides I cannot be a tiger mom. The orgininal tiger mom is born in the year of Tiger '62. That is why the Tiger mother.
I’m only a sheepish Goat ma. I can’t beat the scheming Snake child. ~:> ~X(

@payn4ward I might have it worse: I’m a rat and kid is a horse. Dog dad set the bribe at 3.67 (or at least I think that’s the equivalent of a 5.5 on a 6.0 scale…stupid 6-point scale, it’s like Celsius to this firmly Fahrenheit girl!).

I offered DS a bribe, and he told me that his effort would be unaffected/unchanged by any reward system devised by me. He was very polite and pleasant, but firm. It makes me smile to recall that conversation.

I recently bingewatched “The Night Manager”…a 6-episode AMC production starring Tom Hiddleston among others. Directed by Susanne Bier. Worth a try…especially if you like James Bond type stuff (but less car chases and shooting).

@SevenDad That is on my list… guess i better get to it. Have you watched “River” on Netflix? interesting show.

Agreed: Night Manager is great. Would recommend Happy Valley as well. I’m always delighted to find a good series - saves me looking for something else for a little while. Although only a little while because at some point, I obsessively binge watch.

Loved The Night Manager (I mean, Tom Hiddleston! What’s not to love there!?) Also The Crown, The Honorable Woman, and currently: Westworld. All very different but excellent.

Westworld is GREAT!

Thanks for all of the netflix recommendations! Perfect since I just finished all of Supernatural.

On Netflix, check out 3%. Its a Brazilian dystopian series that portrays a competitive social experiment based on merit. The irony should be apparent for the CC community.

The book is better…the Night Manager

I just saw Forrest Gump for the first time (on Netflix). I was not prepared for those emotions.

Finally got to A Man Called Ove. Great recommendation!

Movie recommendation: Captain Fantastic

@Center: I was tempted to check out the LeCarre book…but since they made the Burr character a woman (in an excellent performance by Olivia Colman) I don’t know that I could read it any other way.

Not to mention Elizabeth Debicki as Jed…curious how the book describes that character.

@doschicos: Had I not recommended that before? Loved it. “Noam Chomsky Day” for the win.

In other news, finally got around to watching/listening to Maggie Rogers’ second single “Dog Years”:
https://youtu.be/NgWC5oEuyjU

Very nice.

“Alaska” has made a few “Best of 2016” lists and I just saw that Interview mag profiled Maggie recently. Plus, she’s going on tour in 2017.