Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Another strong recommendation ^^, but consider the source! Will also keep the home fire crackling tonight as we settle in for the storm, @Golfgr8 !! (tho looking forward to strolling the links down there at sunset with a cigar in hand in a few weeks ;))
~O)

hey, noticed the love on the other thread for Atria.

Anybody remember @PxAlaska back from 2013?? She was one wise, young woman. It shown through as she dealt with some difficult issues. Wishing her all the best these many years later.

A little music to listen to so your kids don’t think you are an OF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkHHoOIIn8&feature=youtu.be

@doschicos there is little hope for me, I am an OF (sigh)

In other rambly news, in case you missed them, here are two of my favorite lines from yesterday’s posts by a couple of our most subtle regulars:

@center: “I read some of the posts by some of the applicants and want to stab myself in the head with a fork.”

@GnarWhail: “Exeter vs Deerfield is pretty much like stridently arguing over the best color for the DB11 you are ordering.” (BTW, I had to look up what a DB11 even is–http://db11.astonmartin.com/en-us)

I’m like a moth to a flame when I see these folks have posted, how can you resist??

^^^which is not to say I’m always in agreement. I just appreciate a variety of voices at our CC Harkness table, and with these two it’s almost never a dull post.

Well, it could be worse. You could live in NYC…
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/nyregion/new-york-city-high-school-admissions-rate.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share NYTimes: Couldn’t Get Into Yale? 10 New York City High Schools Are More Selective

Now seems the appropriate time to point out that it is officially after 5 pm on the east coast… and tomorrow is a snow day :wink:

Inspired by all of the solo traveling his boarding friends are capable of doing, my day kid decided to fly solo to see his grandparents for part of spring break. He survived and is now back home. He even learned how to change his ticket when a storm is due on the day of his flight! Woot!! The world is now his oyster! :slight_smile:

Nephew #1 went to Stuyvesant & #2 went to Bronx Science@ 10-15 yeas ago. The other challenge came during college application time because all those bright kids from the top NYC public schools were applying to the same top schools. The boys were given a max by the guidance office of 7 schools at the time that they could apply to that year. This narrowed the net. The guidance offices have large numbers of kids’ records to process. Interesting if the “max” for number of college applications is still in place at these schools!!

@Charger78 - maybe we should organize a CC Spring Break get-together for all of our families – maybe parents, as the kids probably just want their own vacation from us!! Cutting up the key limes as I sign off…made the graham cracker crust… making pies, not a mojito!!

Love key lime pie! :slight_smile:

Welcome anytime! There is a key lime farm down here that ships crates anywhere in USA. You can also have Joe’s Stone crab delivered. Here is a good tip; When making your gin & tonic, use at least half a lime or 2 key limes-- be sure to squeeze the lime onto the ice cubes before you pour the gin (count at least 5 seconds for the pour, 7 seconds if you have a tuition check to write)…, then you may pour the Scweppes tonic water. This material will be on your final exam!

Your pie baking reminds me I should have gotten some ingredients to whip up a pie for Pi day tomorrow. Hmmm…I need to think about what I have on hand I could use for a pie since the snowstorm will prevent me from venturing out tomorrow. :-?

Shout out to CC folks in the NE: Stay safe, everyone!! Careful out there & enjoy the day-off tomorrow!

Will be coming to the Orlando area the first week of April. Feel like I might not make it to final exam day!

@ Charger78 and fellow golf fans: This weekend is the Arnold Palmer Invitational @ Bay Hill in Orlando. Sad to think that this is the first year without Arnold Palmer with us… Travel tip; Bay Hill resort is one of the best kept secrets for lodging in between Disney & Universal. Like a private golf club that treats you like the special parents you are! Much cheaper than the hotels at the big resorts, and much nicer!! We stay there when DD competes at WDW sports complex.

The amount of snow falling right now is unbelievable.

And here I am in short sleeves and watchin’ the sun set @PhotographerMom B-)

I’m totally jealous, @Atria !

When I went to BS, I walked ten miles in the snow to class every morning! Isn’t that what all the old-timers say? Anyway- it will be your turn soon! :wink:

You can go to BS school here! There are a couple in FL. However, add $$$ above the tuition cost to pay for pedicures, sandals, surf board & flip flops!! My kid wants the snow & cold!

@Golfgr8 although the ship has sailed for us for BS, I’m already angling for a FL college :smiley: