Missing a class on the UC app

This is a strange question. My D goes to an unconventional hs. When entering her classes for 12th grade into the UC app (prior to getting her semester report card) she entered one math class when she actually has two. She didn’t realize the school separates the class because it’s the same teacher, just extra hours on certain days. She has already received early admission to UCSC and waiting on several others.

Should she contact the schools at this stage since her transcripts will have an additional class not reported, or wait until decisions come out. (Clearly it’s too late to receive any possible benefit from the additional math class but I’m worried about any implications of her transcripts not matching her application.)

I would contact the schools now since you just discovered the mistake. Decisions have been already made but it is always better to be proactive in this instance and will definitely need to be addressed before final transcripts are required at the school she matriculates.

From the UC website:

[quote]

If there are changes to your academic record: If you add or drop a course, fail to earn a C or better in a course or enroll in a new college after you submit your application, log back in and update your information online. If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes.

Keep in mind: We cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Thank you! I agree it won’t change admissions this late but wasn’t sure if it needed addressed since it’s an extra class vs. a dropped class. She will most likely an A.

I just told my D to go into her portal and make the update but the portal will not allow her to make changes to her classes. I will have her call someone tomorrow. Ugh!